New York, NY -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/10/2014 -- Egypt Lawson wig master to the jet-set lifestyle, knows first-hand about domestic violence . She and her husband Ken Lawson are passionate about helping victims because they both witnessed domestic violence as children, growing up in their homes.
Since 2006, Hairline Illusions has provided over 500 wigs for free or lessen the cost to women and girls suffering from illnesses causing hair loss.
About Hairline Illusions
Hairline Illusions normally give cranial prosthesis to financially deprived women with Alopecia caused by medical side effects. "This holiday season we decided to add women who are survivors of domestic abuse and have escaped to Safe Horizon, AVDA or any other registered victim assistance organization. We would like to be a part of rebuilding their lives and self-esteem. Our goal is to restore confidence - empowering women and girls to face the world with assurance. We would like to start with victims who reside in the New York City area and hopefully branch out in the future."- Egypt Lawson
Domestic Violence Organizations can submit their victim's information to Hairline Illusions via email. Egypt Lawson plans to donate 10 wigs this holiday season through Hairline Illusions Cares.
For applicants: (Or Parent/Guardian of applicant)
- Joined a domestic violence support group.
- Your personal essay.
- A recent self-photo.
- An enlarged, legible copy of your Driver's License or state ID.
Hairline Illusions Cares is always looking for Hairdressers to cut donor's hair and collect ponytails.
- Hair should be at least 8" at both ends.
- Healthy color treated, processed and gray hair are accepted.
- Hair should be separated into 4 braided ponytails with rubber bands at both ends.
- Hair should be cleaned, dried, placed in a Ziploc bag and mailed in a padded mailing envelope or bag.
Hairline Illusions Cares
5 Penn Plaza #2300
New York, NY 10001 USA