Market Research Reports, Inc. has announced the addition of “Life Insurance in the US, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018” research report to their website http://www.MarketResearchReports.com
Lewes, DE -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/29/2014 -- The report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insights into the US life insurance segment, including:
- The US life insurance segment's growth prospects by life insurance category
- Key trends and drivers for the life insurance segment
- The various distribution channels in the US life insurance segment
- The detailed competitive landscape in the life insurance segment in the US
- Regulatory policies of the US life insurance segment
- Analysis of various consumer segments in US life insurance
- Key developments in the US life insurance segment
- New products launched by US life insurers
In terms of gross written premium, life was the third-largest segment in the US insurance industry during the review period (2009?2013), accounting for 27.1% of the industry's gross written premium in 2013. The life segment's gross written premium increased at a CAGR of 2.6% during the review period, largely as a result of recovery in employment levels, which heightened demand for individual whole life products. However, low investment income led to a loss of earnings in categories such as general annuity. According to the Federal Reserve, since 1930 life and annuity insurers have been the largest investors in the US capital market, and consequently are highly exposed to bond financing and real estate investments. As a result, life insurers' investment incomes fell sharply in 2009 due to the collapse of the financial market and the subprime mortgage crisis. Volatility in the stock market reduced demand for annuity products.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the life insurance segment in the US:
- It provides historical values for the US life insurance segment for the report's 2009–2013 review period, and projected figures for the 2013–2018 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in the US life insurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2018.
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions.
- It analyses the various distribution channels for life insurance products in the US.
- It profiles the top life insurance companies in the US and outlines the key regulations affecting them.
Reasons to Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast market data related to the US life insurance segment and each category within it.
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities in the US life insurance segment.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the life insurance segment.
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics in key product categories.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the US insurance industry and their impact on companies and the industry's future.
- The US has one of the world's largest and most advanced life insurance segments. It is highly competitive and fragmented, with the 10 leading companies accounting for of 53.5% of the segment's direct written premium in 2013.
- The life segment accounted for 27.1% of the overall insurance industry's gross written premium in 2013.
- Agencies were the largest distribution channel for the life segment in the US. The channel accounted for 53.4% of the segment's new business gross written premium in 2013, which is expected to grow to 53.5% by 2018.
- The average life expectancy in the US increased from 78.2 years in 2009 to 78.6 years in 2013. It is further expected to reach 79.3 years in 2018.
- The investment in life products by US households fell to a 50-year low from 55% in 1992 to 44% in 2010.
- The general annuity category accounted for 23.0% of the life segment's total gross written premium in 2013.
- The US insurance industry showed signs of recovery in 2010 with improvements in its performance, and posted a review-period CAGR of 3.0%.
- E-commerce's market share in terms of gross written premium from new business measured 1.7% in 2013, and is expected to increase to 1.8% in 2018.
Spanning over 252 pages, "Life Insurance in the US, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018" report covering the Key Facts and Events, Executive Summary, Introduction, US Insurance Industry Attractiveness, Life Insurance Outlook, Analysis by Distribution Channel, Governance, Risk and Compliance, Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights, Appendix – 1, Appendix – 2. The report covered companies - Allianz the US Life Insurance, Pharaonic American (Alico), Commercial International Life Insurance, NSGB Life Insurance, Suez Canal Life Insurance, Delta Insurance, US Takaful Life Insurance, ACE Life Insurance, Mohandes Insurance
For more information see - http://www.marketresearchreports.com/timetric/life-insurance-us-key-trends-and-opportunities-2018
Related Reports at:
1st- Non-Life Insurance in the US, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018 - visit at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/timetric/non-life-insurance-us-key-trends-and-opportunities-2018
2nd- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in the US, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018 - visit at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/timetric/personal-accident-and-health-insurance-us-key-trends-and-opportunities-2018
3rd- Reinsurance in the US, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018 - visit at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/timetric/reinsurance-us-key-trends-and-opportunities-2018
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
For regular industry updates subscribe to our newsletter at: