Market Research Reports, Inc. has announced the addition of “Purchasing Trends and Intentions in African Mining, 2014” research report to their website http://www.MarketResearchReports.com
Lewes, DE -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/29/2014 -- This report analyses purchasing strategies and expectations for future expenditure on plant, equipment, parts and services in the African mining sector. It is based on an extensive survey conducted by Timetric between July and September 2014, covering 108 mine managers, maintenance managers, procurement managers and other key decision-makers in over 100 operating African mines.
Areas of analysis include:
- Current methods for acquiring equipment, with a review of outright purchasing, rental, leasing and other types of financing arrangements.
- Future trends in expenditure and expectations for increased or decreased spend in four areas: plant and heavy equipment, equipment parts and components, explosives materials, and maintenance services.
- An analysis of future changes to the number of supplier relationships, and whether respondents expect greater or fewer supplier relationships over the next 12 months.
- Investigation into the biggest challenges facing buyers and decision makers in sourcing the right products.
- Extent to which preferred supplier arrangements are in place and predictions for increased centralization of procurement.
This report analyses purchasing strategies and expectations for future expenditure on plant, equipment, parts and services in the African mining sector. It is based on an extensive survey conducted by Timetric between July and September 2014, covering 108 mine managers, maintenance managers, procurement managers and other key decision-makers in over 100 operating African mines.
- The most preferred method for acquiring equipment
- Areas where expenditure will increase over the next 12 months, across plant, equipment, parts and services
- Expectations for increased centralization of procurement decisions, and development of preferred supplier arrangements.
The report is based on an in-depth survey of 108 buyers and decision-makers across 100 mines in 16 African countries, including South Africa, Botswana, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ghana, Mali, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Tanzania Zambia and Zimbabwe
Reasons to Buy
- Compare the methods African miners use to acquire equipment, and how this is expected to change
- Plan ahead based on general expectations within the African mining industry for future expenditure, and how this varies by segment, such as mine type, commodity and company size.
- Understand how different customer segments in African mining plan to rationalize or extend their supplier networks
- Identify the major challenges African miners face when sourcing equipment, and incorporate solutions to these in your sales, marketing and product strategies
- Outright purchase is the most common purchasing method for mining equipment, used by 66% of respondents
- African miners are optimistic about future expenditure, with the majority of respondents expecting expenditure to increase across all four categories of plant, equipment, consumables and services investigated.
- African miners are increasingly centralizing procurement with 49% of respondents expecting greater centralization of purchasing over the next two years.
Spanning over 34 pages, "Purchasing Trends and Intentions in African Mining, 2014" report covering the Executive Summary, Current Purchasing preferences, Future Spending Predictions, Challenges In Sourcing The Right Products, Centralisation and Preferred Suppliers, Conclusion, Appendix. The report covered companies are - BHP Billiton, Vale, Glencore, Rio Tinto, Anglo American
For more information see - http://www.marketresearchreports.com/timetric/purchasing-trends-and-intentions-african-mining-2014
Find all Industry and Manufacturing Reports at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/industry-manufacturing
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
For regular industry updates subscribe to our newsletter at: