Naperville, IL -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/02/2015 -- Reportstack, provider of premium market research reports announces the addition of PharmaPoint: Colorectal Cancer - US Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023 market report to its offering
PharmaPoint: Colorectal Cancer - US Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
The publisher has released its new PharmaPoint Country Evaluation report, PharmaPoint: Colorectal Cancer - US Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023. Colorectal cancer (CRC) is the second leading cause of mortality among cancer patients in the world and is the third most diagnosed cancer globally, and thus represents a huge burden on healthcare systems. This report focuses on the current treatment landscape, unmet needs, current pipeline, and commercial opportunities in the colorectal cancer market, with coverage of multiple settings of the disease including neoadjuvant/adjuvant, first-, second-, third-line KRAS wild-type and mutation-positive, and fourth-line metastatic. In terms of targeted treatments, the metastatic CRC treatment landscape is mature, including the branded treatments Avastin (bevacizumab), Avastin (cetuximab), and Vectibix (panitumumab), treatments that have extended the survival of metastatic patients compared to chemotherapy-only regimens. However, high unmet needs remain for the extension of survival of metastatic patients, and particularly those with KRAS mutation-positive disease, for whom the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) inhibitors Avastin and Vectibix are not recommended.
The US represents the largest market for CRC across the countries covered in this report. In 2013, forecast estimates that sales of branded therapies were $2.23 billion. The US is the largest CRC market due to the high incidence of the disease, high drug treatment rate, and higher drug prices compared with the 5EU, Japan, and China. Increased sales of CRC therapies over the forecast period will be driven by increasing disease incident cases as the population ages, label extension of Stivarga as an adjuvant treatment for resected liver metastasis patients, and the launch of expensive new therapies that provide further treatment options for patients in later-line settings, replacing cheaper, generic chemotherapy-only regimens.
- Overview of CRC including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on the key drugs in the US including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for the top drugs in the US from 2013-2023.
- Analysis of the impact of key events as well the drivers and restraints affecting the US CRC market.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for CRC
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of drug performance
- Obtain sales forecast for drugs from 2013-2023 in the US
Complete report is available