Market Research Reports, Inc. has announced the addition of “The Insurance Industry in Gambia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018” research report to their website http://www.MarketResearchReports.com
Lewes, DE -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/14/2015 -- The report provides in-depth industry analysis, information and insights into the insurance industry in Gambia, including:
- The Gambian insurance industry's growth prospects by insurance segment and category
- The competitive landscape in the Gambian insurance industry
- The current trends and drivers in the Gambian insurance industry
- Challenges facing the Gambian insurance industry
- The detailed regulatory framework of the Gambian insurance industry
Gambia is one of the poorest countries in the world, with a world ranking of 168 out of 187 according to the United Nations Development Programme's (UNDP) Human Development Report 2013. High poverty rates and lack of economic diversity make the country highly vulnerable to financial crises and food price volatility. However, stable economic development and the government's initiatives to improve the industry's awareness level supported its growth during the review period (2009–2013), which grew at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.8%.
The Gambian insurance industry is small, but remains attractive and provides ample growth opportunities for global investors, as penetration remains low.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the insurance industry in Gambia:
- It provides historical values for the Gambian insurance industry for the report's 2009–2013 review period, and projected figures for the 2013–2018 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key segments and categories in the Gambian insurance industry, along with forecasts until 2018.
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, total assets, total investment income and retentions.
- It profiles the top insurance companies in Gambia, and outlines the key regulations affecting them.
Reasons to Buy:
- Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast industry data related to the Gambian insurance industry and each segment within it.
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key trends and growth opportunities in the Gambian insurance industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the Gambian insurance industry.
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics in key segments.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Gambian insurance industry, and their impact on companies and the industry's future.
- The Gambian insurance industry is dominated by the non-life segment, which accounted for the largest share of the gross written premium in 2013, with 61.6%
- The life insurance segment's contribution to GDP stood at just 0.15%, while the non-life segment's was 0.37% and the personal accident and health insurance segment's was 0.08%
- The Gambian insurance industry recorded a low combined ratio for the life, non-life and personal accident and health segments during the review period
- The Gambian insurance industry is small but competitive, with the presence of both domestic and foreign businesses
- There were 13 insurance companies and nine brokerage firms operating within the industry as of 2013
- The Gambian insurance industry is regulated and supervised by the Central Bank of the Gambia (CBG)
Spanning over 133 pages, 99 Tables and 84 Figures "The Insurance Industry in Gambia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018" report Covering Executive Summary, Introduction, Gambian Insurance Industry Overview, Industry Segmentation, Governance, Risk and Compliance, Competitive Landscape, Macroeconomic Indicators, Appendix. This report Covered 6 Companies - Gambian National Insurance Co. Ltd, Takaful Gambia Ltd, Sunshine Insurance Company, Global Security Insurance Company Ltd, Capital Express Assurance (G) Ltd, Enterprise Life Assurance Gambia Ltd.
Know more about this report
Find all Banking and Finance Reports at:
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
For regular industry updates subscribe to our newsletter at: