The Report Insight Report: The Rise of Online Aggregators provides information on pricing, market analysis, shares, forecast, and company profiles for key industry participants. - MarketResearchReports.biz
Albany, NY -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/16/2015 -- Synopsis
The report covers in-depth analysis of online aggregators market, and provides:
* Insights into the evolution and growth of online aggregators
* Detailed analysis of various factors driving the growth of online aggregators around the world, and different challenges faced by them
* Comprehensive analysis of the impacts that online aggregators have on the insurance industry, and various challenges posed by them to insurers and brokers
* Insights into online aggregators markets and trends in developed, developing and nascent aggregators' markets
* Analysis of key strategies that should be adopted by online aggregators, and insurers and brokers
View Full Report at http://www.marketresearchreports.biz/analysis/211265
* The emergence of online aggregators has revolutionized the distribution of insurance products and services. Distribution in the insurance industry has become increasingly diverse, with online aggregators, direct online sales, agencies, brokers, auction sites and mobile-based distribution. Online aggregators have enabled consumers to access multiple quotes from different insurance service providers, and their presence is spreading across the world, bringing fundamental changes to the insurance industry. This trend is likely to continue until 2020.
* Online aggregators have become a growing phenomenon in the global insurance industry. Online aggregators first emerged as a marketing channel for insurance products and services in the UK insurance industry in 2002 with the launch of confused.com. After just a decade, online aggregators now account for 60% of new motor insurance policies and 50% of personal insurance lines. The growth trend is similar in other European markets such as Germany, France, Sweden, Spain, Italy, Ireland and the Netherlands. Although online aggregators are highly successful in the UK and other key European economies, they are yet to achieve similar success in other parts of the world. The American and Asia-Pacific regions provide growth opportunities for online aggregators over the next five to 10 years, and online aggregators have already established footholds in key markets such as the US, Canada, Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Korea and India.
* The rise of online aggregators has radically changed how personal insurance lines are marketed. Instead of aiding the sale of insurance products and services, online aggregators have now become a key competitor for insurers, and have led to price-based competition and falling profitability. Large insurers with well-established brands are the biggest losers in the online aggregator-dominated market, whereas smaller insurers are the biggest beneficiaries. Brand dilution, and falling rates of customer retention, market share and profitability are key challenges faced by leading insurers due to the emergence of online aggregators. Smaller insurers, low-cost providers and new entrants have benefitted from rising price-based competition and access to a wider customer base.
* The addition of a new distribution channel for personal lines of insurance is also a direct threat to insurance brokers. Motor and home insurance in many European markets, including the UK, Germany, France and Italy, have transformed from a decades-old broker-led market to an online aggregator-led market in less than a decade. A similar trend is also expected in other key world economies in the next five to 10 years.
* More than half the world's population is expected to have internet access and own smart mobile devices by 2018, and this trend is significantly changing consumer buying behavior. The ever-growing use of social media is also making customers more internet-aware, and consumers are using multiple channels to purchase insurance products, with growing numbers using online channels to make purchase decisions. Online aggregators are particularly attractive to these consumers and their changing buying behaviors. Convenience, ease of use, access to the best deals, and one-stop shopping are key factors that attract consumers to online aggregators.
* Online aggregators are an easy gateway for fraudulent insurance activity, which is a key concern for insurers. Online quote generation makes it easy for customers to understand the impact of different answers on product pricing, encouraging customers to provide inaccurate information to bring prices down. This is resulting in poor underwriting performance.
* The online aggregator market is highly competitive, with low entry barriers. Online aggregators face intense competition from other aggregators, other insurers, and other distribution channels such as direct sales, brokers and agencies. New communication and distribution channels such as social media and smartphone apps also offer competitive challenges.
Download Detail Report With Complete TOC at http://www.marketresearchreports.biz/sample/sample/211265
* A key success strategy for online aggregators is to increase their customer base, and retain existing customers. This can be achieved by providing customer-centric services and providing other services, such as customer assistance during the sales and indemnification processes. Online aggregators should also use technology such as smartphone apps and social media to engage with customers.
* The profitability of online aggregators depends on annual customer volumes. Online aggregators' shopping windows should be interactive and customer–friendly, offering a rich experience and ensuring repeat visits. Online aggregators should focus on customer feedback to improve customers' shopping experiences, or offer complementary products, additional benefits or loyalty bonuses to ensure repeat visits.
* Insurers can use the rise of online aggregators to increase sales and profitability. Offering products through online aggregators will require insurers to excel at underwriting, and offer products at the right price to remain competitive with adequate margins. Insurers will need to invest in data analytics and technical underwriting, and take advantage of the large quantities of customer data available through online aggregators, to achieve customized prices and product offerings, which are key success factors in an increasingly aggregator-dominated market.
* Withdrawing from the online aggregators channel or directly competing with online aggregators are challenging positions for insurers and brokers. Long-term growth can be achieved through product innovation and branding strategies, and insurers should use technology and social media to gain a competitive advantage by strengthening distribution, improving underwriting, and strengthening customer relationships in order to successfully compete with online aggregators. Insurers also have to focus on cross-selling and up-selling to remain profitable.
Explore All Latest Published Reports By Timetric at http://www.marketresearchreports.biz/publisher/61
* This report covers growth opportunities for online aggregators around the world
* The report discusses online aggregators market trends in the UK, the US and India
* The report analyzes key long-term growth strategies for online aggregators
* The report also analyzes key strategies that insurers and brokers should adopt to compete with online aggregators
Reasons to buy
* Gain insights into online aggregators markets across the world
* Understand the growth potential of online aggregators and key growth strategies they should adopt
* Understand various factors driving the growth of online aggregators and key challenges faced by them
* Understand the reasons behind the dominance of online aggregators in the distribution of personal lines of insurance
* Know various competitive strategies insurers and brokers should adopt to succeed in an aggregator-dominated market
* In the UK insurance industry, online aggregators achieved rapid growth and after a decade they now account for 60% of new motor insurance policies and 50% of personal insurance lines. However, the growth leveled out in 2013, and some aggregators even recorded falling sales from 2012 levels.
* The emergence of online aggregators has strengthened the distribution of personal lines of insurance; however, it has increased price-based competition and emerged as one of the largest risks to insurers and brokers.
* The dominance of online aggregators in the distribution of motor insurance in the UK has led to reduction in premium rates by 15% between October 2012 and September 2013.
* Increasing penetration of internet and smartphone is one of the key factors driving the growth of online aggregators across the world.
* The Americas and Asia-Pacific provides huge growth opportunities for online aggregators in the next five to 10 years.
The Insurance Industry in Guatemala, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
View Full Report at http://www.marketresearchreports.biz/analysis/240268
The report provides in-depth industry analysis, information and insights into the insurance industry in Guatemala, including:
* The Guatemalan insurance industry's growth prospects by insurance segment and category
* The competitive landscape in the Guatemalan insurance industry
* The current trends and drivers in the Guatemalan insurance industry
* Challenges facing the Guatemalan insurance industry
* The detailed regulatory framework of the Guatemalan insurance industry
Download Detail Report With Complete TOC at http://www.marketresearchreports.biz/sample/sample/240268
Guatemala is the most populous country in Central America, and its economy is mainly driven by the agricultural sector, which contributed 13.5% of GDP and employed 38% of the total labor force in 2013. The 1996 peace accords, which concluded 36 years of civil war, brought in economic stability and opened doors for foreign investors. The economy recovered in subsequent years, however, and GDP at constant prices grew at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.4% during the review period (2009–2013). The Guatemalan insurance industry grew at a review-period CAGR of 10.0%. The emergence of microinsurance and the entry of foreign insurers, following the implementation of the Insurance Activity Law in 2010, supported the growth of the life segment. In terms of percentage share, non-life accounted for 56.7% of the total industry in 2013. The segment was led by property insurance with a 49.3% share, and motor with 38.6%, with the remaining 12.0% contributed by liability and marine, aviation and transit insurance.
The Insurance Industry in Gambia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
View Full Report at http://www.marketresearchreports.biz/analysis/239766
The report provides in-depth industry analysis, information and insights into the insurance industry in Gambia, including:
* The Gambian insurance industry's growth prospects by insurance segment and category
* The competitive landscape in the Gambian insurance industry
* The current trends and drivers in the Gambian insurance industry
* Challenges facing the Gambian insurance industry
* The detailed regulatory framework of the Gambian insurance industry
Download Detail Report With Complete TOC at http://www.marketresearchreports.biz/sample/sample/239766
Gambia is one of the poorest countries in the world, with a world ranking of 168 out of 187 according to the United Nations Development Programme's (UNDP) Human Development Report 2013. High poverty rates and lack of economic diversity make the country highly vulnerable to financial crises and food price volatility. However, stable economic development and the government's initiatives to improve the industry's awareness level supported its growth during the review period (2009–2013), which grew at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.8%.
The Gambian insurance industry is small, but remains attractive and provides ample growth opportunities for global investors, as penetration remains low.
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.
Browse Our Press Releases by Prnewswire: http://www.prnewswire.com/news/marketresearchreports.biz
Office: State Tower
90 Sate Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA: Canada Toll Free: 866-997-4948