Market Research Reports, Inc. has announced the addition of “The LTE, LTE-Advanced & 5G Ecosystem: 2015 - 2020 - Infrastructure, Devices, Subscriptions & Operator Revenue” research report to their website http://www.MarketResearchReports.com
Lewes, DE -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/29/2015 -- As a natural upgrade path for carriers from the previously detached GSM, CDMA and TD-SCDMA ecosystems, LTE has emerged as the first truly global mobile communications standard. Commonly marketed as the "4G" standard, LTE promises to provide higher data rates and lower latency at a much lower TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) than 3G technologies.
The TCO and performance is further enhanced by deployment of small cells and the LTE-Advanced standard. LTE-Advanced is a further enhancement to LTE which improves performance and data rates using features such as the aggregation of carriers, interference management and advanced antenna techniques.
With over 380 fully commercial network launches, LTE has become a mainstream technology, and a number of wireless carriers have already deployed LTE-Advanced features such as carrier aggregation. Publisher estimates that LTE service revenues will account for nearly $170 Billion in 2015. Revenues are further expected to grow at a CAGR of 30% over the next 5 years.
Driven by these revenue prospects, operators continue to aggressively invest in LTE infrastructure, encompassing macrocell base stations (eNBs), small cells and EPC/mobile core equipment. LTE infrastructure spending is expected to account for nearly $33 Billion by the end of 2020.
While LTE and LTE-Advanced deployments are still underway, wireless carriers and vendors have already embarked on R&D initiatives to develop so-called "5G" technology, with a vision of commercialization by 2020. 5G is essentially a revolutionary paradigm shift in wireless networking to support the throughput, latency, and scalability requirements of future use cases such as extreme bandwidth augmented reality applications and connectivity management for billions of M2M (Machine to Machine) devices.
The "LTE, LTE-Advanced & 5G Ecosystem: 2015 – 2020 – Infrastructure, Devices, Operator Services, Verticals, Strategies & Forecasts" report presents an in-depth assessment of the LTE, LTE-Advanced and the emerging 5G ecosystem including key market drivers, challenges, enabling technologies, operator revenue potential, deployment strategies, vertical market opportunities, network rollout commitments, R&D initiatives, future roadmap, value chain, vendor assessment and market share. The report also tracks revenue and shipments for both LTE infrastructure and devices, along with subscription and service revenue from 2015 through to 2020. Besides projections for the LTE market as a whole, separate projections for the TD-LTE and LTE FDD submarkets are also presented.
The report comes with an associated Excel datasheet suite covering quantitative data from all numeric forecasts presented in the report.
The report has the following key findings:
- In 2015 wireless carriers will pocket nearly $170 Billion from commercial LTE service revenues. The figure is further expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 30% over the next five years
- By 2020 nearly 60% of all LTE subscriptions will be on LTE-Advanced networks
- Apple and Samsung lead LTE smartphone shipments with a combined market share of over 63%
- LTE infrastructure spending is expected to account for nearly $33 Billion by the end of 2020. This includes spending on LTE macrocells, small cells and EPC/mobile core solutions
- Nokia and Ericsson lead the LTE RAN infrastructure market with a combined market share of 43%
- Driven by regional, national government, wireless carrier and vendor initiatives, we expect 5G R&D and trial investments will account for nearly $5 Billion by 2020, following a CAGR of nearly 40% over the next 5 years
- Nearly 70% of these investments will target large scale commercial trial networks in Japan, South Korea and other early pioneering countries
The report covers the following topics:
- LTE and LTE-A ecosystem
- 5G technology, initiatives and R&D commitments
- LTE infrastructure (FDD/TDD macrocell base stations, small cells & EPC)
- LTE devices (smartphones and other form factors)
- LTE subscriptions and service revenue (FDD and TDD)
- LTE infrastructure and device vendor market share
- LTE operator reviews and network deployment case studies
- LTE Broadcast (eMBMS) and VoLTE
- Market drivers and barriers
- Wireless network infrastructure industry roadmap and value chain
- Company profiles and strategies of LTE ecosystem players
- Market analysis and forecasts from 2014 till 2020
Historical Revenue & Forecast Segmentation:
Market forecasts and historical revenue/unit shipment/subscription figures are provided for each of the following submarkets and their subcategories:
LTE Infrastructure Shipments & Revenue
TD-LTE Macrocell eNodeBs (eNBs)
LTE FDD Macrocell eNBs
LTE FDD Small Cells
TD-LTE Small Cells
LTE Device Shipments & Revenue
Form Factor (Embedded Cards, Consumer Gadgets, Netbooks, PCs, Routers, Smartphones, Tablets and USB Dongles)
LTE Subscriptions and Operator Service Revenue
The following vertical, regional and country markets are also covered:
- Vertical Markets
- Automotive & Transportation
- Energy & Utilities
- Professional Services
- Public Safety, Security & Emergency Services
- Retail & Hospitality
- Smart Cities
- Asia Pacific
- Eastern Europe
- Latin & Central America
- Middle East & Africa
- North America
- Western Europe
Top 20 Country Markets
Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Philippines, Poland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Spain, UK and USA
Key Questions Answered:
The report provides answers to the following key questions:
- How big is the LTE, LTE-A and 5G ecosystem?
- How is the ecosystem evolving by segment and region?
- What will the market size be in 2020 and at what rate will it grow?
- What trends, challenges and barriers are influencing its growth?
- Who are the key LTE infrastructure and device vendors and what are their strategies?
- How much are vendors and operators investing in LTE?
- What is the outlook for LTE-A adoption?
- What is the outlook for eMBMS and VoLTE services?
- How will LTE FDD investments compare with TD-LTE?
- What opportunities exist for LTE small cells?
- How will LTE ARPU evolve overtime?
- Which countries will see the highest number of LTE subscriptions?
- How much will vendors and operators invest in 5G R&D?
Spanning over 407 pages, "The LTE, LTE-Advanced & 5G Ecosystem: 2015 - 2020 - Infrastructure, Devices, Subscriptions & Operator Revenue" report covering the Introduction, LTE and LTE-Advanced Ecosystem, LTE & LTE-Advanced Deployment Strategies, Operator Service Models – Monetizing LTE, Vertical Markets for LTE & LTE-Advanced Networks, The Emerging 5G Ecosystem & Technology, 5G Investments & Future Forecast, 5G Spectrum Assessment, 5G Standardization & Research Initiatives, 5G Vendor Demonstrations, Commitments & Strategies, Industry Roadmap & Value Chain, Vendor & Operator Landscape, Market Analysis & Forecasts, Infrastructure, Devices, Operator Services & Verticals Summary. The report covered companies are - 21 Vianet Group, 2K Telecom, 3 Austria, 3 Denmark, 3 HK, 3 Ireland, 3 Italia, 3 Sweden, 365 Media, 3Roam, 4ipnet
Know more about this report at – http://www.marketresearchreports.com/signals-and-systems-telecom/lte-lte-advanced-5g-ecosystem-2015-2020-infrastructure-devices
Find all Telecom Infrastructure and Networks Reports at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/telecom-infrastructure-networks
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
For regular industry updates subscribe to our newsletter at: