Market Research Reports, Inc. has announced the addition of “Travel and Tourism in Thailand to 2019” research report to their website http://www.MarketResearchReports.com
Lewes, DE -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/11/2015 -- The Thai travel and tourism sector posted growth during the historic period (2010-2014), despite the global financial crisis. However, due to political instability in the country, international arrivals declined in 2014. Forecast period (2015-2019) growth is also expected to be undermined by political instability, but the country's tourism sector has generally been resilient to outbreaks of political unrest in the capital, Bangkok. Tourism flows to key beach destinations suffered only temporary downturns.
- Thailand recorded significant growth in the number of tourist arrivals from emerging countries, such as India, China, and Russia at respective historic period CAGRs of 5.0%, 38.44%, and 28.31%. The increase can be attributed to a rise in income levels in these countries, the abundance of low-cost flying options, and the Tourism Authority of Thailand's (TAT) promotional efforts
- Political protests in Bangkok, the country's hub of tourism activity, which lasted for seven months starting from October 2013 and ending in May 2014, have had a negative impact on the country's tourism sector. A quick solution to the crisis is not expected and military intervention is a possibility. While the country's beach destinations typically recover from negative international media coverage, prolonged unrest has damaged Thailand's image as a safe tourist destination
- The TAT set a domestic tourism volume goal of 136.8 million trips in 2014, and expected the revenue generated from these tourists to reach THB700 billion (US$22 billion). Domestic tourism is also encouraged by Thai government offices and large companies offering domestic trips as part of their incentive programs, and holding business meetings and training sessions within the country itself. A number of annual travel trade shows are organized in the country, providing small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) with opportunities to expand.
- The aviation market in Thailand performed well during the historic period, primarily driven by the growth of LCCs. Total revenue registered a double-digit historic period CAGR of 10.67%, supported by an increase in the number of Chinese and Indian tourists, who have a preference for low-budget flying options. Robust growth was recorded in all categories, with low-cost carriers (LCCs) posting the highest CAGR of 23.27% during the historic period, followed by charter airlines with 9.98%, and full service airlines with 9.37%
- The car rental market value increased at a robust CAGR of 10.33% during the historic period, rising from THB18.1billion (US$570million) in 2010 to THB26.8billion (US$848 million) in 2014. Most car rentals in the country are made at non-airport locations, with sales from these accounting for 67.6% of the total car rental market value in 2014
Thailand's travel intermediaries' industry value increased at a CAGR of 8.10%, from THB340.6 billion (US$10.7 billion) in 2010 to THB464.9billion (US$14.7 billion) in 2014. This growth has been driven by increases in leisure and business travel, and a rise in online bookings
The report provides detailed market analysis, information, and insights, including:
- Historic and forecast tourist volumes covering the entire Thailand Travel and Tourism sector
- Detailed analysis of tourist spending patterns in Thailand for various categories in the Travel and Tourism sector, such as accommodation, sightseeing and entertainment, foodservice, transportation, retail, travel intermediaries, and others
- Detailed market classification across each category, with analysis using similar metrics
- Detailed analysis of the airline, hotel, car rental, and travel intermediaries industries
Reasons to Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using historic and forecast market data related to Thailand Travel and Tourism sector
- Understand the demand-side dynamics within the Thailand Travel and Tourism sector, along with key market trends and growth opportunities
Spanning over 143 pages, 129, Tables and 80 Figures "Travel and Tourism in Thailand to 2019" report Covering Executive Summary, Travel and Tourism Sector In Context, Country Fact Sheet, Tourism Flows, Airlines, Hotels, Car Rental, Travel Intermediaries, TourismBoard Profile, Airport Profiles, Company Profiles, Market Data Analysis, Appendix. This report Covered These Companies - Thai AirAsia Co.Ltd, Thai Airways International Public Company Limited, Nok Airlines Public Company Ltd, Bangkok Airways, Cathay Pacific Airways Thailand Accor Hotels Thailand, Centara Hotels and Resorts, InterContinental Hotels, Marriott Hotels Thailand, SERENATA Hotels and Resorts Group, AVIS Rent a Car Thailand, Budget Car and Truck Rental of Thailand, Hertz Thailand, Thai Rent A Car (1978) Co.Ltd, Master Car Rental Co.Ltd, AandF Tour Travel Co.Ltd, World Travel Service Ltd, Marwin Tours, NS Travel and Tours Co. Ltd, Oriental Escape Ltd.
Know more about this report at – http://www.marketresearchreports.com/travel-tourism-intelligence-center/travel-and-tourism-thailand-2019
Find all Travel and Leisure Reports at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/travel-leisure
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
For regular industry updates subscribe to our newsletter at: