The Report Winning and Retaining Business in the Asian Mining Equipment Sector, 2015 provides information on pricing, market analysis, shares, forecast, and company profiles for key industry participants. - MarketResearchReports.biz
Albany, NY -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/24/2015 -- Synopsis
This report provides a detailed analysis of customer preferences in the Asian mining sector, focusing on the factors that influence purchasing decisions and the performance of major equipment suppliers. The analysis is based on Timetric's extensive survey of 1156 mine managers, procurement managers and other key decision-makers.
View Full Report
Areas of analysis include:
* Customer priorities when buying mining equipment, with ratings of the importance of 16 separate factors for customers when choosing mining equipment, including cost factors, supplier attributes and product attributes.
* Ratings of existing suppliers across the same factors, identifying best-performing suppliers and how well suppliers performed versus the importance of each factor.
* In-depth analysis of the major suppliers, Caterpillar, Komatsu, L&T and BEML, including their overall performance ratings and their ratings for each of the factors relative to its importance.
* Rankings of the leading suppliers for each equipment type, with respondents indicating who they viewed as the top suppliers in Asia for trucks, excavators, loaders, shovels, dozers, drills, continuous miners, engines, tyres, pumps and mining software.
* Insight into the likelihood of switching supplier and key action points for suppliers for product and service improvements required.
Download Detail Report With Complete TOC
Overall trends in the data revealed:
* Customer priorities in supplier selection are product quality and availability of parts
* Suppliers perform well, but have lower levels of satisfaction in key areas
* L&T received the highest average satisfaction ratings, with Caterpillar considered the leading supplier for most categories of mining equipment
* Account managers make a significant impact in the selection process, alongside suppliers' reputation
* Customers in Asia are happy with their current supplier but are open to change in the long term
* Product quality was the stand out area identified for improvement
Explore All Latest Published Reports By Timetric
The survey is based on responses from 115 senior managers and decision makers at operating Asian mines, responsible for the purchase of equipment for plant and mine operations, along with its consumables. Survey respondents came from 7 different countries: India, Indonesia, the Philippines, Pakistan, Vietnam, Mongolia and Thailand. This included 6 different commodity groups and a range of surface and underground mining operations.
Reasons to buy
* Identify key areas for differentiation by understanding what factors most influence choice of supplier
* Target product and service improvement areas based on where mining equipment suppliers are currently underperforming relative to customer expectation
* Develop successful sales and marketing strategies through an understanding of the leading competitors and their strengths and weaknesses.
* When choosing an equipment supplier, respondents rate 'Production reliability and quality' and the 'Availability of replacement parts' as most important. However, over half of respondents feel that suppliers need to improve in the latter.
* Overall the major suppliers such as Caterpillar, Komatsu, Volvo, BEML, L&T, perform well in terms of customer satisfaction, however, their weakest ratings were given for two of the three most important factors for respondents.
* Account managers make a significant impact in the selection process with 92% of respondents citing 'Better understanding of your needs' and 'Better ability to build a long-term relationship' as differentiating factors when choosing their current main supplier.
* It was noted that there is a strong belief amongst respondents that their choice of equipment was the correct one, with 92% of respondents agreeing they would choose the same supplier if they had the choice again. However, when asked if they would choose a different supplier within five years, 52% expect to change.
* The three leading areas for improvement identified by respondents were an 'ability to support cost reduction', 'product quality and reliability' and the 'availability of parts'
Table Of Content
1 Executive Summary
2 Customer Priorities in Supplier Selection
2.2 Key Factors when Choosing a Supplier
3 Supplier Performance and Key Success Factors
3.2 Overall Supplier Performance
3.3 Individual Supplier Performance Relative to Customer Importance
3.4 Leading Suppliers by Category
3.5 Benchmarking the Major Suppliers
3.5.2 Bharat Earth Movers Ltd (BEML)
3.5.4 Atlas Copco
3.5.5 Larsen & Toubro Ltd (L&T)
3.6 Leading Manufacturers by Equipment Type
3.7 How Suppliers Differentiated Themselves
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.
Office: State Tower
90 Sate Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA: Canada Toll Free: 866-997-4948