The Report Employee Benefits in Puerto Rico provides information on pricing, market analysis, shares, forecast, and company profiles for key industry participants. - MarketResearchReports.biz
Albany, NY -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/25/2015 -- Synopsis
The report provides in-depth industry analysis, information and insights into employee benefits in Puerto Rico, including:
* An overview of the state and compulsory benefits in Puerto Rico
* Detailed information about private benefits in Puerto Rico
* Insights into various central institutions responsible for the administration of the different branches of social security
* The regulatory framework of employee benefits in Puerto Rico
View Full Report
In 1952, Puerto Rico was granted the status of Commonwealth of United States after its constitution was ratified by the electorate. The Employees Retirement System (ERS) and Teachers Retirement System (TRS) are the major governing bodies of social security. The existing retirement system was introduced in 1951 as a defined benefit plan, but over the years evolved into a hybrid plan. The systems now provide coverage for retirement, disability and death.
Download Detail Report With Complete TOC
This report provides a detailed analysis of employee benefits in Puerto Rico:
* It offers a detailed analysis of the key government-sponsored employee benefits, along with private benefits
* It covers an exhaustive list of employee benefits, including retirement benefits , death in service benefits, long-term disability benefits, short-term sickness benefits, medical benefits, workmen's compensation, maternity benefits, family benefits, annual vacation, unemployment and private benefits
* It highlights the economic and regulatory situations relating to employee benefits in Puerto Rico
Explore All Latest Published Reports By Timetric
Reasons to buy
* Make strategic decisions using in-depth information related to employee benefits in Puerto Rico
* Assess Puerto Rico's employee benefits market, including state and compulsory benefits and private benefits
* Gain insights into the key employee benefit schemes offered by private employers in Puerto Rico
* Gain insights into key organizations governingPuerto Rico's employee benefits, and their impact on companies
* The Employees Retirement System (ERS) and Teachers Retirement System (TRS) are the major governing bodies of social security. The ERS is a trust created by the Puerto Rican government, as part of Act No. 447 of May 15, 1991. ERS provides pension and other benefits to retired persons. In its early stages, the system did not take long-term recourses into consideration.
* The Teachers Retirement Act, which was established by Act 91 on March 29, 2004, provides coverage to all teachers who are enlisted with the Department of Education and hold active licenses.
* Private employee benefits are not mandated by the law but are provided by the employer to increase the employee's motivation to work. Due to the country's recent economic slowdown, not many companies are currently solely offering those benefits beyond the mandatory, which are mandated by law.
Table Of Content
1 Executive Summary
2.1 What is this Report About?
3 Country Statistics
4 Overview of Employee Benefits in Puerto Rico
6 State and Compulsory Benefits
6.1 Retirement Benefits
6.1.2 Types of retirement plan
6.1.5 Pensionable salary
6.1.7 Payment options
6.1.8 Typical employer practice
6.1.9 Employee and employer contributions
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.
Office: State Tower
90 Sate Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA: Canada Toll Free: 866-997-4948