The Report Non-Life Insurance in Taiwan, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018 provides information on pricing, market analysis, shares, forecast, and company profiles for key industry participants. - MarketResearchReports.biz
Albany, NY -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/03/2015 -- Synopsis
Taiwan emerged as one of the best performing economies in the East Asian region during the review period (2009–2013). Taiwan's GDP at current prices stood at US$490.7 billion compared to Singapore's US$298.3 billion and Hong Kong's US$274.0 billion in 2013. Taiwanese exports of goods increased steadily. The contribution of exports to the nation's GDP increased from 53.9% in 2009 to 63.4% in 2012. Stable economic growth and high individual savings are likely to encourage consumers to invest in non-life insurance products. The gross written premium of the non-life segment increased at a review-period compound annual growth rate CAGR of 4.2%. An increase in automobile sales, export growth and construction activities substantiated the segment's growth. Motor insurance was the largest category in the segment in terms of gross written premium during the review period. The category valued accounted for 57.6% of the segment's gross written premium. An increase in the sale of vehicles and the compulsory nature of third-party motor liability insurance supported the growth of the category during the review period. Property insurance was the second-largest category in 2013. The category's growth was achieved due to the strong performance of the construction industry. In terms of value, infrastructure construction grew from 30.1% of the total construction in 2009 to 40.9% in 2013 and industrial construction increased from 15.6% in 2009 to 16.3% in 2013.
View Full Report
The report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insights into the Taiwanese non-life insurance segment, including:
* The Taiwanese non-life insurance segment's growth prospects by non-life insurance category
* Key trends and drivers for the non-life insurance segment
* The various distribution channels in the Taiwanese non-life insurance segment
* The detailed competitive landscape in the non-life insurance segment in Taiwan
* Detailed regulatory policies of the Taiwanese insurance industry
* Analysis of various consumer segments in Taiwanese non-life insurance
* Key developments in the Taiwanese non-life insurance segment
* New products launched by Taiwanese non-life insurers
Download Detail Report With Complete TOC
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the non-life insurance segment in Taiwan:
* It provides historical values for Taiwan's non-life insurance segment for the report's 2009–2013 review period, and projected figures for the 2013–2018 forecast period.
* It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in Taiwan's non-life insurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2018.
* It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions.
* It analyses the various distribution channels for non-life insurance products in Taiwan.
* It profiles the top non-life insurance companies in Taiwan and outlines the key regulations affecting them.
Explore All Latest Published Reports By Timetric
Reasons To Buy
* Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast market data related to the Taiwanese non-life insurance segment and each category within it.
* Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities in the Taiwanese non-life insurance segment.
* Assess the competitive dynamics in the non-life insurance segment.
* Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics in key product categories.
* Gain insights into key regulations governing the Taiwanese insurance industry and their impact on companies and the industry's future.
* Factors such as the improving economic positions in Taiwan and Mainland China, financial reforms, and rises in construction activity and exports are likely to support the growth of the overall insurance industry over the forecast period.
* The non-life segment is highly competitive with the presence of both domestic and foreign insurers. It is concentrated, with the 10 leading insurers accounting for 88.2% of the segment's gross written premium in 2013.
* Motor insurance was the largest category within the segment in terms of gross written premium during the review period. It accounted for 57.6% of the segment's gross written premium in 2013.
* Taiwan has been prone to fire-related disasters in its petrochemicals, power and textile industries. Coupled with this, various natural disasters such as earthquakes and typhoons have generated a demand for fire and allied perils insurance, which emerged as the largest sub-category in 2013, representing 75.9% of the property category's gross written premium.
* Agencies were the largest channel and accounted for 52.4% of the total gross written premium in 2013.
* Stable economic growth and high individual savings are likely to encourage consumers to invest in non-life insurance products.
Table Of Content
1 Key Facts and Events
2 Executive Summary
3.1 What is this Report About?
4 Taiwanese Insurance Industry Attractiveness
4.1 Insurance Industry Size, 2009–2018
5 Non-Life Insurance Outlook
5.1 Consumer Segmentation
5.2 Key Drivers
5.3 Key Trends
5.5 Non-Life Insurance Growth Prospects by Category
5.6 Property Insurance
5.6.1 Fire and allied perils insurance
5.6.2 Engineering insurance
5.6.3 Other property insurance
5.7 Motor Insurance
5.7.1 Motor hull insurance
5.7.2 Motor third-party insurance
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.
Office: State Tower
90 Sate Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA: Canada Toll Free: 866-997-4948