The Report Reinsurance in Taiwan, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018 provides information on pricing, market analysis, shares, forecast, and company profiles for key industry participants. - MarketResearchReports.biz
Albany, NY -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/03/2015 -- Synopsis
In terms of gross written premium, the Taiwanese reinsurance segment increased at a review-period (2009–2013) compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.7%. The treaty reinsurance category accounted for 55.5% of the total reinsurance premium accepted in 2013, while facultative reinsurance accounted for the remaining 44.5%. The premium accepted by the Taiwanese reinsurance segment is projected to record a CAGR of 4.9% over the forecast period (2013–2018). The Taiwanese reinsurance segment is highly competitive with the presence of global leading reinsurers. The leading foreign companies operating in the segment are Swiss Re, RGA Re, Gen Re, Munich Re, Hannover Re and Scor Se, which operate through branches or representative offices; Central Reinsurance Corporation is the only domestic reinsurer. Competition in the insurance industry and low profit margins are leading to a reduction in reinsurance premium rates, reducing the scope for reinsurance business during the review period. Taiwanese insurers are looking to grow beyond the country. Positive economic development and the government's policy reforms – including the establishment of trade services with Mainland China in 2011 – will support the Taiwanese reinsurance segment over the forecast period.
View Full Report
The report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insights into the Taiwanese reinsurance segment, including:
* The Taiwanese reinsurance segment's growth prospects by reinsurance category
* Key trends and drivers for the reinsurance segment
* Taiwanese reinsurance segment's growth prospects by reinsurance ceded from direct insurance
* The competitive landscape in the Taiwanese reinsurance segment
Download Detail Report With Complete TOC
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the reinsurance segment in Taiwan:
* It provides historical values for Taiwan's reinsurance segment for the report's 2009–2013 review period, and projected figures for the 2013–2018 forecast period.
* It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in Taiwan's reinsurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2018.
* It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance ceded from various direct insurance segments in Taiwan its growth prospects.
Explore All Latest Published Reports By Timetric
Reasons To Buy
* Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast market data related to the Taiwanese reinsurance segment and each sector within it
* Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities in the Taiwanese reinsurance segment
* Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics in key product categories
* Gain insights into key regulations governing the Taiwanese insurance industry, and their impact on companies and the industry's future
* In May 2013, FSC Taiwan made amendments regarding foreign investments by domestic insurers. According to the new provisions, Taiwanese insurers can now acquire real estate property overseas, and invest in foreign currency, listed stocks, or bonds; this presented more options to optimize investments.
* The treaty reinsurance category accounted for 55.5% of the reinsurance premium in 2013, while the facultative reinsurance category accounted for the remaining 44.5%.
* In terms of gross written premium, the Taiwanese reinsurance segment increased from 2009 to 2013, at a review-period (2009–2013) compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.7%.
* The Taiwanese reinsurance segment is highly competitive, with the presence of many global leading reinsurers. The leading foreign companies in the * Taiwanese reinsurance segment include Swiss Re, RGA Re, Gen Re, Munich Re, Hannover Re and Scor SE, which operate through branches or representative offices; Central Reinsurance Corporation is the only domestic reinsurer.
Table Of Content
1 Key Facts and Events
2 Executive Summary
3.1 What is this Report About?
4 Taiwanese Insurance Industry Attractiveness
4.1 Insurance Industry Size, 2009–2018
5 Reinsurance Growth Dynamics and Challenges
5.1 Reinsurance Segment Size, 2009–2018
5.2 Reinsurance Segment Size by Premium Ceded, 2009–2018
6 Key Industry Drivers
6.1 Reinsurance Drivers
6.2 Life Insurance Drivers
6.3 Non-Life Insurance Drivers
6.4 Personal Accident and Health Insurance Drivers
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.
Office: State Tower
90 Sate Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA: Canada Toll Free: 866-997-4948