The Report PharmaPoint: Macular Edema and Macular Degeneration - Japan Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023 provides information on pricing, market analysis, shares, forecast, and company profiles for key industry participants. - MarketResearchReports.biz
Albany, NY -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/23/2015 -- Summary
Macular Edema is a condition where fluid accumulates on the macula, leading to vision impairment or in severe cases even vision loss. The three main types of ME are diabetic macular edema (DME), and macular edema following either a central or branch retinal vein occlusion (ME-CRVO and ME-BRVO). Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) is a painless eye condition which leads to gradual, irreversible, loss of central vision, and is one of the leading causes of blindness among people aged 50 and over in the developed world. Currently the ME and AMD markets are dominated by the use of anti-VEGF monotherapy, however, in recent years, corticosteroid implants have been reaching the ME market which could challenge the stronghold these drugs have in this sector. The AMD market will see the arrival of the first therapies to treat dry AMD, fulfilling a huge unmet need in the management of this retinal disease, and these first-in-class therapies will strongly drive the market growth over the next ten years. The launch of wet AMD adjunctive therapies will also see a significant change in the treatment of AMD patients and have a positive impact on the market growth.
View Full Report
Japan has an increasingly aging society, which will act as a significant driver of growth in this market, along with the introduction of novel therapies for both wet and dry AMD. The wAMD drugs, Fovista and abicipar pegol, are expected to enter the Japanese AMD market in 2019 and 2023, respectively, while the dAMD drugs, lampalizumab and emixustat, are both expected to enter in 2018.
Download Detail Report With Complete TOC
- Overview of Macular Edema and Macular Degeneration including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on the key drugs in Japan including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for the top drugs in Japan from 2013-2023.
- Analysis of the impact of key events as well the drivers and restraints affecting Japan Macular Edema and Macular Degeneration market.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Macular Edema and Macular Degeneration
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of drug performance
- Obtain sales forecast for drugs from 2013-2023 in Japan.
Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 6
1.1 List of Tables 9
1.2 List of Figures 11
2 Introduction 13
2.1 Related Reports 14
3 Disease Overview 16
3.1 Macular Degeneration Overview 16
3.1.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology 18
3.1.2 Classification 22
3.1.3 Symptoms and Diagnosis 24
3.2 Macular Edema Overview 27
3.2.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology 28
3.2.2 Classification 31
3.2.3 Symptoms and Diagnosis 32
4 Disease Management 35
4.1 Diagnosis and Treatment Overview 35
4.1.1 Macular Edema Diagnosis 35
4.1.2 Macular Degeneration Diagnosis 35
4.1.3 Treatment Guidelines and Leading Prescribed Drugs 36
4.1.4 Clinical Practice 37
4.2 Japan 50
5 Competitive Assessment 54
5.1 Overview 54
5.2 Product Profiles - Major Brands 55
5.2.1 Lucentis (ranibizumab) 55
5.2.2 Eylea (aflibercept) 65
5.2.3 Avastin (bevacizumab) 75
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.
Office: State Tower
90 Sate Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA: Canada Toll Free: 866-997-4948