The Report Corticosteroid Implants (Macular Edema and Macular Degeneration) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023 provides information on pricing, market analysis, shares, forecast, and company profiles for key industry participants. - MarketResearchReports.biz
Albany, NY -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/24/2015 -- Summary
Macular Edema is a condition where fluid accumulates on the macula, leading to vision impairment or in severe cases even vision loss. The three main types of ME are diabetic macular edema (DME), and macular edema following either a central or branch retinal vein occlusion (ME-CRVO and ME-BRVO). Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) is a painless eye condition which leads to gradual, irreversible, loss of central vision, and is one of the leading causes of blindness among people aged 50 and over in the developed world. Currently the ME and AMD markets are dominated by the use of anti-VEGF monotherapy, however, in recent years, corticosteroid implants have been reaching the ME market which could challenge the stronghold these drugs have in this sector. The AMD market will see the arrival of the first therapies to treat dry AMD, fulfilling a huge unmet need in the management of this retinal disease, and these first-in-class therapies will strongly drive the market growth over the next ten years. The launch of wet AMD adjunctive therapies will also see a significant change in the treatment of AMD patients and have a positive impact on the market growth.
View Full Report
Corticosteroids have demonstrated a range of pharmacological actions, including inhibition of inflammation, inhibition of the release of certain inflammatory cytokines, and suppression of VEGF secretion, highlighting this type of biological agent as a potential treatment for various ocular conditions, including DME, dAMD, wAMD, and RVO.Corticosteroids have been used off-label for many years as a treatment for ME and wAMD due to their ability to inhibit inflammation and the release of certain inflammatory cytokines, supress VEGF secretion, and reduce the vascular permeability of the retina.
- Overview of Macular Edema and Macular Degeneration, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Corticosteroid Implants including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Corticosteroid Implants for the top six countries from 2013 to 2023.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the UK
Download Detail Report With Complete TOC
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return.
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Macular Edema and Macular Degeneration.
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential.
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Corticosteroid Implants performance.
- Obtain sales forecast for Corticosteroid Implants from 2013-2023 in top six countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the UK).
Table of Contents
1.1 List of Tables 9
1.2 List of Figures 10
2 Introduction 11
2.1 Related Reports 12
3 Disease Overview 14
3.1 Macular Degeneration Overview 14
3.1.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology 16
3.1.2 Classification 20
3.1.3 Symptoms and Diagnosis 22
3.2 Macular Edema Overview 25
3.2.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology 26
3.2.2 Classification 29
3.2.3 Symptoms and Diagnosis 30
4 Disease Management 33
4.1 Diagnosis and Treatment Overview 33
4.1.1 Macular Edema Diagnosis 33
4.1.2 Macular Degeneration Diagnosis 33
4.1.3 Treatment Guidelines and Leading Prescribed Drugs 34
4.1.4 Clinical Practice 36
5 Competitive Assessment 50
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.
Office: State Tower
90 Sate Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA: Canada Toll Free: 866-997-4948