The Report Emixustat (Macular Edema and Macular Degeneration) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023 provides information on pricing, market analysis, shares, forecast, and company profiles for key industry participants. - MarketResearchReports.biz
Albany, NY -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/24/2015 -- Summary
Macular Edema is a condition where fluid accumulates on the macula, leading to vision impairment or in severe cases even vision loss. The three main types of ME are diabetic macular edema (DME), and macular edema following either a central or branch retinal vein occlusion (ME-CRVO and ME-BRVO). Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) is a painless eye condition which leads to gradual, irreversible, loss of central vision, and is one of the leading causes of blindness among people aged 50 and over in the developed world. Currently the ME and AMD markets are dominated by the use of anti-VEGF monotherapy, however, in recent years, corticosteroid implants have been reaching the ME market which could challenge the stronghold these drugs have in this sector. The AMD market will see the arrival of the first therapies to treat dry AMD, fulfilling a huge unmet need in the management of this retinal disease, and these first-in-class therapies will strongly drive the market growth over the next ten years. The launch of wet AMD adjunctive therapies will also see a significant change in the treatment of AMD patients and have a positive impact on the market growth.
View Full Report
Emixustat hydrochloride (formerly known as ACU-4429) is an orally-dosed VCM that is designed to be selective for rod photoreceptors and is being developed for the treatment of GA associated with dAMD. This was the first internally-developed compound by Acucela, a Seattle-based biotechnology company. Acucela has one issued US patent (No. 7,982,071) and seven pending US patents for emixustat, all of which will expire in or around 2029.
Download Detail Report With Complete TOC
- Overview of Macular Edema and Macular Degeneration, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Emixustat including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Emixustat for the top country from 2013 to 2023.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK and Japan
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return.
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Macular Edema and Macular Degeneration.
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential.
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Emixustat performance.
- Obtain sales forecast for Emixustat from 2013-2023 in top 7 countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK and Japan).
Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 5
1.1 List of Tables 8
1.2 List of Figures 9
2 Introduction 10
2.1 Related Reports 11
3 Disease Overview 13
3.1 Macular Degeneration Overview 13
3.1.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology 15
3.1.2 Classification 19
3.1.3 Symptoms and Diagnosis 21
3.2 Macular Edema Overview 24
3.2.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology 25
3.2.2 Classification 28
3.2.3 Symptoms and Diagnosis 29
4 Disease Management 32
4.1 Diagnosis and Treatment Overview 32
4.1.1 Macular Edema Diagnosis 32
4.1.2 Macular Degeneration Diagnosis 32
4.1.3 Treatment Guidelines and Leading Prescribed Drugs 33
4.1.4 Clinical Practice 35
5 Competitive Assessment 49
5.1 Overview 49
6 Unmet Need and Opportunity 51
6.1 Overview 51
6.2 Treatment for Dry AMD 52
6.2.1 Unmet Need 52
6.2.2 Gap Analysis 54
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.
Office: State Tower
90 Sate Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA: Canada Toll Free: 866-997-4948