Naperville, IL -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/30/2015 -- Reportstack, provider of premium market research reports announces the addition of CountryFocus: Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - Japan market report to its offering
CountryFocus: Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - Japan
The publisher, the industry analysis specialist, has released its latest report, "CountryFocus: Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - Japan". The report is an essential source of information on and analysis of the healthcare, regulatory and reimbursement landscape in Japan. It identifies the key trends in the countrys healthcare market and provides insights into its demographic, regulatory, and reimbursement landscape and healthcare infrastructure. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights into the trends and segmentation of the pharmaceutical and medical device markets. It uses data and information sourced from proprietary databases, secondary research, and in-house analysis by team of industry experts.
In 2008, Japans pharmaceutical market was worth $64.2 billion. It is projected to reach $79.8 billion in 2020, increasing at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 1.8%. The medical device market was valued at $37 billion and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.1% to $75 billion in 2020, owing to universal health coverage, government initiatives, and an accessible healthcare system.
In 2013, Japans population was approximately 127.2 million, having declined at a negative CAGR of 0.02% from 2008. Its public healthcare expenditure accounted for 82.8% of total healthcare expenditure, and the government spent approximately $14 billion on pharmaceutical R&D.
The report provides information on the healthcare, regulatory, and reimbursement landscape in Japan and includes -
- An overview of the pharmaceutical and medical device markets, including market size, segmentation, and key drivers and barriers
- Profiles and SWOT analysis of the major players in the pharmaceutical market (Takeda, Otsuka, Pfizer, Astellas and Daiichi Sankyo) and medical device market (Hoya, Siemens Healthcare, Abbott, Medtronic and F. Hoffmann-La Roche)
- A review of the reimbursement and regulatory landscape, with analysis covering details of the countrys healthcare reimbursement process, regulatory agencies and the approval processes for new drugs and medical devices
- Detailed analysis of the political and economic environment, covering economic indicators, demographics, healthcare infrastructure and healthcare expenditure
- An overview of the opportunities for and challenges to growth in the healthcare market
Reasons to buy
This report will enhance your decision-making capability by allowing you to -
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving Japans healthcare market
- Drive revenue by understanding the key trends, reimbursement and regulatory policies, pharmaceutical market segments, and companies likely to affect Japans healthcare market
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and analyzing the performance of various competitors
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present the best opportunities for consolidation, investment, and strategic partnerships
- Identify, understand, and capitalize on the opportunities and challenges in Japans healthcare market
Complete report is available