Corsets boost the women’s confidence, motivate them to exercise and eat a proper diet. For Dr. Caroline Apovian, MD, a professor of medicine at Boston University School of Medicine, when a person wearing a corset looked in the mirror and have liked what they saw, it could be a strong encouragement for them to lose weight.
Pineda de Mar, Barcelona -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/01/2015 -- Corsets have been in the fashion industry that could be traced back in the Victorian era where tight lacing is being practiced by most women to achieve an hourglass –like figure. And today, many celebrities includes corpinos baratos that can be bought in physical and online corsetry stores like Gem's Moda, in their daily workouts since many health and fitness experts found the many physical and medical benefits of corsets in improving the overall appearance of the female body – most importantly in removing postpartum belly and saggy baby skin.
Kim and Khloe Kardashian, Jessica Alba, Amber Rose and Snooki Polizzi are some of the celebrities who have confessed that they've been wearing corsets during their workouts to reduce their weight and return their hot body figure just before they got pregnant. According to Brooke Burke-Charvet, a television actress and dancer who open a new line of waist wraps for moms, corsets or waist wraps are intended to reduce the water retention and swelling of the uterus. Aside to this, medical and physical benefits were also found when a woman wears a corset as part of their daily activities which are,
- It helps in controlling back pain and corrects the posture of the body for those who got into accidents, neurological disorders, wear and tear injuries, and autoimmune disorders.
- It helps in preventing patients with scoliosis from worsening curvature once their braces are removed and also prevents back pain experienced from the curve.
- Since the posture will be corrected, it helps users to avoid other skeletal issues and could be a relief for people with plantar fasciitis because the weight will be redistributed on the feet.
- The use of corset reduces the intensity of migraines and headaches since the posture is corrected.
- This foils users from potential back injuries since their back will be supported by the corset while working
- It's best for people with hypermobility or connective tissues disorder (Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome) since corset users will be able to avoid consistent movement that could cause them to get sprains, dislocations or other injuries
- It acts as an external gastric band where people will only be allowed to eat in sizable amounts which can lead to weight loss
Corsets boost the women's confidence, motivate them to exercise and eat a proper diet. For Dr. Caroline Apovian, MD, a professor of medicine at Boston University School of Medicine, when a person wearing a corset looked in the mirror and have liked what they saw, it could be a strong encouragement for them to lose weight. But the claims that it could reshape the body or might trigger fat loss will not be possible if the practice will not be complemented with other factors that could help in losing weight. Furthermore, regular wearing of waist trainers has the possibility of decreasing the core strength of the body as an individual aims for a sexier stomach as cited by Nicole Glor, a celebrity trainer.
Consequently, corsets will help women in reshaping and improving the shape of their body into a voluptuous figure with continued use, but this should not be the last resort in attaining a beautiful body since there are exercise and healthy foods that could be the key to achieving a beautiful figure every woman desire.
About Gem's Moda
GeM's MoDa is an online and physical store specializing in selling corsets and other fashion items and accessories that includes dresses, brassieres and tops, skirts/tutus, shoes and fasteners.