Market Research Reports, Inc. has announced the addition of “India Cargo Handling and Transport Industry Outlook to 2019 - Aided by Infrastructure Development” research report to their website http://www.MarketResearchReports.com
Lewes, DE -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/06/2015 -- The industry research publication titled 'India Cargo Handling and Transport Industry Outlook to 2019 - Aided by Infrastructure Development' presents a comprehensive analysis of market size by volume and value of major segments of cargo including Road, Rail, Water and Air in India. The report entails the market share analysis and company profiles of major players in the cargo transport industry. The future analysis has also been discussed in each sub-industry.
The economy of India has more than doubled since the last decade which is supported by growing contribution of foreign trade. Foreign trade represented 20% of the country's Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in 2000, which increased to 42% in 2012. This development has been accompanied by a phenomenal rise in the volume of freight traffic movement. Being one of the largest consumer markets in the world, India's logistics sector is driven by industries such as automobile, pharmaceuticals, Fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) and retail. Furthermore, the government of India lays emphasis on increasing manufacturing and exports which have made logistics an imperative sector to achieve the desired levels of development foreseen for the country.
The strong relationship between domestic and international trade and logistics infrastructure is widely accepted. While growth in trade stimulates the requirement for supporting infrastructure, availability of infrastructure at competitive rates promotes trade and improves global competitiveness of a country. In developing countries such as India, an efficient logistics infrastructure can reduce cost of transportation which in turn can contribute directly to economic development. However, India lags behind several other countries in the global setup in terms of logistics infrastructure and services. Inadequate infrastructure is the major bottleneck impacting the development of logistics and the efficient movement of cargo in the country.
The Domestic Cargo Transport Industry in India comprises of several modes including Roadways, Railways, Inland Waterways, Coastal Shipping and Airways, whereas transportation of goods to and from foreign territories is largely done through seaways and airways. The industry has grown manifold both in terms of value and volume on account of intensifying industrial and manufacturing activities, in addition to increasing consumption of commodities. Additionally, since the industry is gradually dealing with and surpassing its shortcomings, it is bound to come closer to the realization of its potential in the future. The same in turn will not only augment the competitiveness of the country, but will also create more opportunities for domestic businesses and foreign enterprises operating in India.
The road freight industry in India is highly unorganized with several small players operating in the industry. It was estimated that the organized sector accounted for a ~% in the revenue of the road freight industry in India, with INR ~ million generated as income by the players in the organized segment of the industry. On the other hand, the INR ~ million domestic air cargo transport industry is composed of Indian carriers and is largely dominated by private airlines. IndiGo is the market leader with a share of ~% in FY'2009 and expanded its presence to ~% of the total volume of air cargo carried by Indian carriers domestically in FY'2014
The cargo transport industry of India witnessed the transportation of ~ million tons of cargo in FY'2014, increasing from ~ million tons in FY'2009, growing at a CAGR of 6.1% during the period. The government of India is likely to enhance investments in the logistics sector in the form of Dedicated Freight Corridors (DFCs), simplification of tax structure, development of national highways, expanding the reach of the railways and port infrastructure development, which will play a central role in the future of the industry. However, fluctuating fuel prices will continue being an important determinant of the profitability of the companies operating in the sector.
KEY TOPICS COVERED IN THE REPORT
- India Cargo Transport Market Size in terms of volume
- India cargo transport industry segmentation by domestic and international carriage, and by modes of transportation (road, rail, water, air)
- India cargo transport industry growth drivers and issues
- India Road Freight Market Size by value and volume
- India road freight market segmentation by organizational structure, fleet size, B2B and B2C clients, and composition of freight
- India Rail Freight Market Size by value and volume
- India rail freight market segmentation by railway-wise tonnage and types of commodities
- Profile of the Indian Railways
- India Water Transport Market Size by volume
- India water transport industry segmentation by coastal shipping and inland waterways, and composition of cargo
- India Port Sector Scenario
- India Air Cargo Transport Market size by value and volume
- India air cargo transport industry segmentation by domestic and international cargo
- India domestic air cargo transport industry segmentation by composition of cargo and cargo carried by private and national carriers
- India international air cargo transport industry segmentation by inbound and outbound cargo, and country-wise distribution of cargo
- Government initiatives for road freight, rail freight, sea cargo and air cargo transport industry
- Market share of major players in road freight and air cargo transport industry
- Company Profiles of major players in road freight, sea and air cargo in India
- Future Outlook for road freight, rail freight, sea and air cargo transport industry of India
- Macroeconomic indicators affecting India cargo transport industry
Spanning over 237 pages, 96 Tables and 73 Figures "India Cargo Handling and Transport Industry Outlook to 2019 - Aided by Infrastructure Development" report covers India Cargo Transport Industry Introduction, India Cargo Transport Industry Growth Drivers and Opportunities, India Cargo Transport Industry Issues and Challenges, Government Support Schemes for India Cargo Transport Industry, India Cargo Transport Market Size, FY'2009-FY'2014, India Cargo Transport Market Segmentation, FY'2009-FY'2014, India Road Freight Industry Introduction, India Rail Freight Industry Introduction, India Water Transport Industry Introduction, India Air Cargo Transport Industry Introduction, India Cargo Transport Industry Trends and Developments, SWOT Analysis of India Cargo Transport Industry, Major Investments in India Cargo Transport Industry, FY'2013 and FY'2014, India Cargo Transport Industry Future Outlook and Projections, FY'2015-FY'2019, Macroeconomic Indicators in India Cargo Transport Industry, Appendix. This Report Covered These Companies - Transport Corporation of India, Associated Road Carriers Ltd, GATI, SafeExpress, Blue Dart, Container Corporation of India Limited (CONCOR), Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India, Shipping Corporation of India, Great Eastern Shipping Company, Me.
For further information on this report, please visit- http://www.marketresearchreports.com/ken-research/india-cargo-handling-and-transport-industry-outlook-2019-aided-infrastructure
Find all Transport Reports at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/transport
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
For regular industry updates subscribe to our newsletter at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/subscribe-to-newsletter