Fort Lauderdale, FL -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/06/2015 -- Douglas Orr Plumbing, Inc. has formed a team to walk in the Great Strides Cystic Fibrosis Walk on April 12, 2015. Wayne Orr, owner and President of the company, formed the team in honor of his daughter, who has Cystic Fibrosis. The company hopes that the community will participate in the walk, which will raise awareness and money to help find a cure.
Team Ashley's Angels Hopes to Raise $30,000 for Cystic Fibrosis Research
Douglas Orr Plumbing is a well-known plumbing and HVAC business in South Florida serving Miami Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties. The company participates in numerous philanthropic events to support its community and its clients. The upcoming Great Strides Cystic Fibrosis Walk at the BB&T Center in Sunrise, FL, is especially important to the company. The owner, Wayne Orr, is reaching out to his company and the community to join or donate to his team in honor of his daughter, 12 year-old Ashley Orr, who has Cystic Fibrosis.
Those interested in helping can participate in the walk and/or donate money to the Orr's team: Ashley's Angels. The walk takes place on Sunday, April 12, 2015, from 9:00-11:00 A.M at the BB&T Center. Registration, games, and warm-up activities begin at 9:00 A.M., with the walk starting at 9:15 A.M. Along the walk, participants can enjoy a fun obstacle course. The event will feature a Kid's Corner, D.J., food, Clear Channel's Y-100, and surprise celebrity guests. Click on the following link to donate to Team Ashley's Angels or find more information: Ashley's Angels. To walk, please contact Leah Orr at 305-310-3287, or Orrplace1@bellsouth.net
Researchers Have Discovered a Cure!
Raising awareness and money for Cystic Fibrosis research has already made a great impact on patients with CF. The FDA approved the drug, Kalydeco, created by Vertex Pharmaceuticals, and it will be available to patients soon. This drug should help about 1,200 patients, about 5% of the CF patient population. The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is expanding their research with the assistance of Vertex, Pfizer, and Genzyme Pharmaceuticals in order to develop a cure for the remaining 95% of patients with Cystic Fibrosis, about 30,000 patients nationwide.
Douglas Orr Promotes Community Service
This Miami plumber is encouraging its employees, clients, and friends to join the fight against Cystic Fibrosis. 5 hours of community service will be awarded to those who walk and 10 hours will be given to those who make a donation payable to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. To help Ashley and all those suffering from CF, consider walking or making a donation. For more information about Cystic Fibrosis, go to www.CFF.org
Company: Douglas Orr Plumbing
Name: Marcus Spiegelberg (General Manager)
Address: 301 Flagler Drive, Miami Springs, FL 33166