Naperville, IL -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/15/2015 -- Reportstack, provider of premium market research reports announces the addition of EpiCast Report: Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy - Epidemiology Forecast to 2023 market report to its offering.
EpiCast Report: Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy - Epidemiology Forecast to 2023
Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) and Becker muscular dystrophy (BMD) are rare progressive muscle wasting disorders.
The publisher epidemiologists forecast that the diagnosed prevalent cases of DMD (all ages) in the 6MM will increase from 17,675 diagnosed prevalent cases in 2013 to 17,712 diagnosed prevalent cases in 2023, at an Annual Growth Rate (AGR) of 0.02%. The 6MM had an estimated 6,076 diagnosed prevalent cases of DMD for ages 5-13 years in 2013, and the number of diagnosed prevalent cases is expected to increase to 6,250 by 2023, at an AGR of 0.29%. The publisher epidemiologists forecast that the diagnosed prevalent cases of DMD with nonsense mutations (all ages) in the 6MM will increase from 2,260 diagnosed prevalent cases in 2013 to 2,264 diagnosed prevalent cases in 2023, at an AGR of 0.02%.
The publisher epidemiologists used the best available data from peer-reviewed journal articles and national DMD mutation databases to arrive at a meaningful and in-depth analysis of the diagnosed prevalent cases of DMD and BMD for men in the 6MM based on: a confirmed deletion, duplication, or point mutation in the DMD gene; reduced or absent dystrophin immunolabeling; or cases fulfilling definite or probable criteria of the Muscular Dystrophy Surveillance Tracking and Research Network (MD STARnet). For all the 6MM, the diagnosed prevalent cases of DMD and BMD were segmented by age, which facilitates an understanding of the distribution of the disease within the population, and informs strategies to improve the management of the disease. The diagnosed prevalent cases of DMD in each of the 6MM were further segmented by therapeutically significant populations including the applicability of exon skipping therapies (exons 51, 45, 53, and 44), nonsense mutations, and cases ages 5-13 years in these markets.
- The Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) EpiCast Report provides an overview of the risk factors, comorbidities, and the global and historical trends for DMD in the six major markets (6MM) (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and UK). It includes a 10-year epidemiological forecast for the diagnosed prevalent cases of DMD and Becker Muscular Dystrophy (BMD) in men, segmented by age (in 10-year age groups beginning at 0 years and ending at =40 years for cases of DMD with a special focus on the subgroup of ages 5-13 years, and in 15-year age groups beginning at 0 years and ending at =75 years for cases of BMD) in these markets. Additionally, the diagnosed prevalent cases of DMD (all ages) are further segmented by the applicability of exon skipping therapies (exons 51, 45, 53, and 44) and nonsense mutations.
- The DMD epidemiology report is written and developed by Masters- and PhD-level epidemiologists.
- The EpiCast Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 6MM.
Reasons to buy
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global DMD market.
- Quantify patient populations in the global DMD market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the sex and age groups that present the best opportunities for DMD therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
Complete report is available