Phoenix, AZ -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/21/2015 -- Joyce's honored guest is Secretary of Labor for the Obama Administration, Tom E. Perez. Mr. Perez was nominated by President Obama and sworn in on July 23, 2013, as the nation's 26th Secretary of Labor. Mr. Perez's priorities for the department include ensuring a fair day's pay for a fair day's work; connecting ready-to-work Americans with ready-to-be-filled jobs; promoting gender equality in the workplace; ensuring that people with disabilities and veterans have access to equal employment opportunity; and insisting on a safe and level playing field for all American workers. During the show, Secretary Perez will discuss the administration's commitment to competitive employment for people with disabilities.
Bio of Secretary Tom Perez:
- Most recently was assistant attorney general for civil rights at the U.S. Department of Justice, leading the same division where worked for a decade as a career federal employee beginning in 1980.
- From 2002 to 2006, was a member of the Montgomery County Council and was later appointed secretary of Maryland's Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation.
- Served as a law professor for six years at the University of Maryland School of Law and was a part-time professor at the George Washington School of Public Health.
- In 1987, received a masters of public policy and a law degree from Harvard University.
- Received a bachelor's degree from Brown University in 1983.
Joyce A. Bender Career Highlights:
- President and CEO of Bender Consulting Services, Inc. – http://www.benderconsult.com
- A woman living with epilepsy and a hearing loss
- Advocate for competitive employment for people with disabilities
- Immediate past chair of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD)
- Former chair of the national Epilepsy Foundation
- Recipient of the 1999 President's Award from President Clinton
- Recipient of the 2003 New Freedom Initiative Award from the Bush Administration
About VoiceAmerica/World Talk Radio LLC
World Talk Radio, LLC is the world leader in online media broadcasting and the largest producer and distributor of live internet based talk radio and TV, delivering over 1,000 hours of programming weekly on its VoiceAmerica Network (http://www.voiceamerica.com) as well as live and on-demand video content on VoiceAmerica.TV (http://www.voiceamerica.tv). Featuring more than 200 hosts broadcasting to seven niche community based channels: its flagship VoiceAmerica Variety Channel, VoiceAmerica Empowerment, VoiceAmerica Health and Wellness Channel, VoiceAmerica Business Channel, VoiceAmerica Women Channel, VoiceAmerica Sports, VoiceAmerica 7th Wave Channel, and VoiceAmerica Kids Channel. VoiceAmerica TV offers targeted and exclusive video programming channels. VoiceAmerica /World Talk Radio, LLC is one of the pioneers in internet broadcasting, producing and syndicating online audio and video, offering an innovative, effective and comprehensive digital broadcast platform. Digital Publishing through its 14 years of broadcast and media experience along with our seasoned staff of Executive Producers, Production and Host Services Group, VoiceAmerica /World Talk Radio, LLC provides an internet radio and video platform for new, emerging and veteran media personalities to expand and monetize their business and brand in an online digital medium.