What has been recently going over the news is one incident where a driver is pulled over by a traffic police officer which, unfortunately, led to a brutal and saddening end; the death of the driver by the name of Michael McCloskey about 6 years ago.
Rowland Heights, CA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/15/2015 -- One of the most common causes of deaths globally based on some studies and surveys conducted by the World Health Organization has been attributed to the shocking number of road traffic accidents such as car crashes and collisions and countries all over the world are still finding the most efficient ways to reduce these occurrences.
What has been recently going over the news is one incident where a driver is pulled over by a traffic police officer which, unfortunately, led to a brutal and saddening end; the death of the driver by the name of Michael McCloskey about 6 years ago. The issue was brought up so the mother of the deceased could clarify the issue and teach people that knowing simple traffic rules when pulled over can do so much to prevent untoward incidences and save lives.
But, what basic traffic rules that should be clearly understood by the drivers especially when pulled off on the street for any traffic violations? These and all traffic rules and regulations are being discussed in California online traffic school as part of their services to effectively eliminate such situations.
Here's what people should do in case a traffic police signals a driver to pull over on the side of the road and here are the simple procedures to be followed so that there won't be other charges given by the police officer:
- When a police vehicle is approaching and signaling a driver to stop the vehicle and pull over, the driver should strictly do as told and pull over to a safe spot on the roadside.
- The best thing to do when faced with such situation is to be calm and composed because when a traffic violator is calm, then the police officer will less likely become irritated and annoyed making the settlement easier.
- If by chance the car is on the outer or middle lane, using the turn signal lights would facilitate going to the side of the road and park as far to the right as possible to prevent the officer from being hit by other moving vehicles.
- When the driver reaches the side of the road, the driver should turn off the engine and remain sitting to wait for the officer to approach. Never attempt to get out of the vehicle as this will alarm the traffic police officer that the driver is up to something or is trying to escape on foot.
- The driver should always put both his hands where the officer can clearly see them and they should never reach onto something inside the car or even their pockets as the officer may become suspicious that the driver is trying to reach for a weapon.
- While sitting calmly the driver could contemplate about the violation that the officer is charging him with; this will give him the chance of thinking about settling the problem with the officer. Drivers should never resist especially when they are said to have committed DUI. They have to do what the officer tells them to prove the driver's sobriety.
- Drivers should talk to the officer with respect and when a ticket is issued, the driver should follow all the instructions especially if he is required to appear in court or pay penalties for the violation committed.
All these basic procedures should be well understood by all motorists and drivers so that what happened to Mr. Michael McCloskey would not happen to other drivers. Simple traffic rules, when followed could really save lives.
About Champion Traffic School
Champion Traffic School offers the best online learning experience in terms of defensive driving and traffic rules. It is an online traffic school which is approved by the CA DMV to help in the dismissal of every driver's traffic tickets in all the counties and courts in California. They ensure every client that they will be provided with a complete module to keep their driving records clean and escalating the insurance premium. They also keep your electronic reports updated without having to spend extra money for this service. Best of all, they are accessible anytime and anywhere.