Muay Thai is not only a sport, but it is also considered as an art integrated with physical and mental discipline. The sport is also called “the art of eight limbs” and people might wonder it is referred to as such, but being a contact sport that strategically uses different body parts such as the shin, fist, elbows, knees and others would explain why the sport is tagged as such.
Redmond, WA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/22/2015 -- One of the most trending contact sports that is fast gaining its popularity is the Muay Thai. It is actually a combat sport that has originated from Thailand where opponents use stand-up striking techniques with combined with hand-to-hand fighting moves.
Muay Thai is not only a sport, but it is also considered as an art integrated with physical and mental discipline. The sport is also called "the art of eight limbs" and people might wonder it is referred to as such, but being a contact sport that strategically uses different body parts such as the shin, fist, elbows, knees and others would explain why the sport is tagged as such.
And because the fighters are in full contact with each other during the match, they have to undergo intensive physical and mental trainings and preparations as this is game where the body and mind are used for physical battle.
Although the art of Muay Thai has been practiced in Thailand since the ancient times, it has just gained its spot in the sports industry during the 20th century when in an event, Muay Thai experts have defeated outstanding and remarkable martial arts practitioners; hence the birth of the Muay Thai Professional League which is governed by the World Muay Thai Council making it a recognized international competition since then.
Muay Thai is all about techniques on how to effectively defend oneself against the equally-trained opponent; here are some of the best Muay Thai basic techniques:
- The Basic Punching Techniques
- The Jab. This is considered as the most basic punch and the first offensive weapon in the art of Muay Thai, but in as much as it is used for the offense; the jab may also be used in defense.
- The Cross. This is also called the power shot and this technique is the most feared by all opponents especially if done properly and the connection is perfect. This is one move that would definitely turn the lights out of an antagonist. But to master this move will take a lot of patience and practice.
- The Hook. This is also an absolutely effective move where a person can lock to the opponent's chin. In Muay Thai, this is what they call as the "Knockout Punch" because this is something extraordinary and a punch that most opponents don't see very often in fights.
- The Uppercut. This is best done when the opponent is in close range. This is another powerful punch that could truly make any opponent unconscious.
- The Overhand Punch. This is a technique that makes use of the a fighter's back hand and this is also considered as one of the most deadly punches that a fighter can give his opponent provided that the momentum is fast and powerful.
- The Basic Kicking Techniques
- The Body Kick. In the art of Muay Thai, this is the most common type of kick, but it could really have a debilitating effect to the opponent as this is one of the most powerful attack techniques.
- The Low Kick. When a fighter really wants to inflict excruciating pain to their opponent this kick can really be a devastating weapon that could get a person to drop with just a few blows.
- The Head Kick. Basically, the aim of this kick is to hit the opponent's head and if it lands on the target area, it could absolutely knock him unconscious. This is one of the three most deadly kicks in Muay Thai Seattle.
Learning the sport entails a lot of patience and practice and mastering these basic techniques is the start of becoming a Muay Thai Master.
About Monkey Bar Gym
The company teaches Self-defense strategies to both adults and the youth. They offer different programs in boxing, kickboxing, and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Learn other forms of sports like the Muay Thai and be the best in the competition. They also have a different approach by teaching the entire family about balance and strength in one exclusive setting plus they give discounts for family sessions. The company provides a really safe and secured training environment that is suitable for all ages.