Market Research Reports, Inc. has announced the addition of “Type 2 Diabetes (T2D) - Pipeline Analysis” research report to their website http://www.MarketResearchReports.com
Lewes, DE -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/07/2015 -- Type 2 Diabetes (T2D) Pipeline Analysis" gives comprehensive insight on the various drugs being developed for the treatment of T2D.
The global Type 2 Diabetes (T2D) market is estimated to be $31.3 billion in 2014 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of mid-range single digit from 2015 to 2021 to reach $46.7 billion by 2021.
The report covers all the drugs being developed in various phases (Discovery, Preclinical, Clinical & Marketing). The pipeline focuses on novel pharmacologic drugs & regenerative medicines covering small molecules, monoclonal antibodies, stem cell therapies, Gene therapies, Recombinant proteins and RNA-based therapeutics, but excludes symptom relief drugs, generic combinations. The report also covers some of the hot targets in research for T2D treatments and disease progression biomarkers.
This report enables Pharmaceutical /Biotech companies, Academic institutes, Individual researchers, Investors, Medical technology companies, Service providers and other associated stake holders to identify and analyze the available licensing/collaborative commercial opportunities in the Type 2 Diabetes (T2D) Drug market. The report also provide strategic insights on medicines that are likely to have an impact on T2D treatment space and potentially alter standards of care in T2D in the foreseeable future.
Current therapies are focused on the treatment of hyperglycemia than on pancreatic Beta cell dysfunction and they lose efficacy over time as both endogenous insulin secretion and insulin sensitivity decrease. There is a need for type 2 diabetes therapies that act in concert with available agents to provide adequate glycemic control without causing hypoglycemia and weight gain, which are associated with increase in cardiovascular risk. Hence, it provides a tremendous opportunity for upcoming therapies specific to T2D such as MAbs, stem cell-based, gene therapies and RNA-based therapies. These modalities may provide beta-cell protection, regeneration, mass increase with additional benefits of weight loss, triglyceride lowering and kidney protection.
- The global Type 2 Diabetes (T2D) market is estimated to be $31.3 billion in 2014 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of mid-range single digit from 2015 to 2021 to reach $46.7 billion by 2021.
- Factors contributing to the market growth include, technological advancements leading to emergence of novel therapeutics & mechanisms, increasing incidence of diabetes, obesity & cardiac diseases, alteration in lifestyle and high unmet needs in current treatments options.
- Publisher analysis indicates that 37% of candidates are in Pre-clinical stage followed by 20% in PII clinical.
- In addition to small molecules, there is growing interest among researchers on large molecules and novel therapies, such as:
Stem cell therapy
Monoclonal antibody-based therapy
Some of the key sections covered in the report are given below:
In this section, epidemiology of T2D is reviewed to understand potential significance and impact of the disease.
- Global T2D prevalence rates
2. Hot Targets, Mechanisms & Therapies
In this section, various T2D associated targets, mechanism and upcoming therapies are discussed. Also, covers novel targets in early research for diabetes along with disease progression biomarkers associated with T2D.
3. Market analysis
In market analysis section, global Type 2 Diabetes (T2D) drugs market is indicated region-wise along with the CAGRs forecasted from 2015-2021.
- Forecasting model for T2D market
- T2D market dynamics
- Global and regional T2D drugs market
- Cost-burden diabetes care in U.S
4. Pipeline Analysis:
Pipeline analysis was carried to get deeper insights on various treatment modalities in discovery, development & marketing section, pipelines from major companies were identified and Potential targets were reported along with Mechanism of action, Current development status & nature of molecule.
- Pipeline analysis by developmental stage (Discovery to Marketing)
- Pipeline analysis by modalities:
Monoclonal Antibodies pipeline analysis
RNA-therapeutics pipeline analysis
Stem cell therapy pipeline analysis
Gene therapy pipeline analysis
Recombinant protein pipeline analysis
- Pipeline analysis by leading players & Target analysis
- Drug analysis based on mechanism (alpha-cell secretion, alpha-cell mass decline, kidney protection, insulin sensitizers, Triglyceride lowering, weight loss, ß-cell mass increase, ß-cell mass decline, ß-cell protection & ß-cell regeneration).
5. Key Players Analysis:
The key player's analysis section provides an in-depth understanding of various companies working on Type 2 Diabetes (T2D) and their Pipelines with development phase as well as understanding partnering strategies such as deals entered by the company.
- Global key players overview
- Global key players Pipeline data (Discovery, Pre-clinical, Clinical & Marketing)
- Global key players deals (Collaborations, Licensing, Service agreements, grants, funds)
Spanning over 174 pages, "Type 2 Diabetes (T2D) - Pipeline Analysis" report covers Report Description, Introduction, Hot Targets, Mechanisms & Therapies, Market Data, Pipeline Analysis, Monoclonal ABs, Stemcell Therapy, Rna Based Therapeutics, Genetherapy, Recombinant Fusion Proteins, Drug Analysis Based On Mechanism, Major Players. The report covered companies are - Addex, Therapeutics, Amgen, Astrazeneca, Boehringer Ingelheim, Connexios Life Systems, Eli & Lilly, Ember Therapeutics, Glaxosmithkline, Johnson & Johnson, Merck & Co, Mesoblast Biopharma Ltd, Poxel Sa, Takeda Pharmaceuticals, Xoma Corporation
For further information on this report, please visit- http://www.marketresearchreports.com/iq4i/type-2-diabetes-t2d-pipeline-analysis
Find all Healthcare Reports at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/healthcare
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
For regular industry updates subscribe to our newsletter at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/subscribe-to-newsletter