Alternative medicine has a diverse yet holistic approach in the services they offer. Before the actual treatment, a comprehensive assessment and consultation with a healthcare specialist shall take a patient’s past and present health history that they could use as the basis for the health plan.
Torrance, CA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/13/2015 -- With the increasing cost and risks of undergoing medical treatments and healthcare maintenance, people have been trying to find ways on how their ailments can be cured without having to undergo perilous medical procedures and surgery; hence some experts have gone back through time and made some research about safer and more affordable modalities of treatment for various diseases and health disorders.
Research has paved the way for Alternative Medicine or what is more popularly called as Integrative Medicine; in fact there have been a lot of up-and-coming licensed clinics that provide these type of treatments. But just the same, Integrative clinics also have their own areas of specialization just like hospitals and medical clinics do.
Alternative medicine has a diverse yet holistic approach in the services they offer. Before the actual treatment, a comprehensive assessment and consultation with a healthcare specialist shall take a patient's past and present health history that they could use as the basis for the health plan. These healthcare professionals also base the treatments on scientific grounds so it's still best to provide them with the current laboratory examination results and details about latest medications and treatments.
Basically, Integrative Medicine has the following treatment approaches that vary from patient to patient depending on their needs:
- Spirituality and Mind – Body Medicine: Because integrative medicine deals with a person on a holistic approach, it doesn't just focus on relieving the signs and symptoms but they also provide programs for stress management and spiritual counseling. Some of the practices involved are hypnosis, guided imagery, and biofeedback.
- Nutritional Health: Proper nutrition is necessary to achieve better health and well-being, not just primarily for weight loss. They let their patients undergo detoxification processes and are advised to consume specific nutrients. Based on the scientific studies and herbology
- Integrative Medicine healthcare professionals use food as the source of medicine and health supplements so it's proven to be safe and free from toxic elements.
- Exercise and Physical Activity: Patients are encouraged to engage in physical activities to achieve fitness goals. Healthcare practitioners establish a customized fitness program and gym classes; they also provide yoga and tai chi classes for some patients who are not fit for active exercises.
- Manual Therapies and Body Work: Healthcare practitioners also believe the value of the healing power of the hands; so they are also providing patients with treatments such as the osteopathy, Therapeutic massage, chiropractic treatment, craniosacral therapy, physical therapy and physical therapy. All these procedures are done to induce a deeper state of body and mind rest and relaxation.
- Traditional Chinese Medicine: In Integrative Medicine, they also believe in the positive outcomes of alternative and ancient medicine which is why they also practice acupuncture especially when a patient has osteoarthritis. Some of the other treatments include Qi Gong, Ayurvedic Medicine and the use of herbal medicine.
About Chang Acupuncture & Herbology
Chang Acupuncture & Herbology is a company that provides natural and holistic therapy by practicing the different branches of oriental medicine. They specialize in acupuncture and the use of Chinese herbal formulas for more effective and safe treatment. Their world-class services are affordable and best of all initial consultation is free of charge.