New Construction market report from Timetric: "Construction in Croatia - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2019"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/06/2015 -- Timetric's Construction in Croatia - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2019 report provides detailed market analysis, information and insights into the Croatian construction industry including:
- The Croatian construction industry's growth prospects by market, project type and type of construction activity
- Analysis of equipment, material and service costs for each project type in Croatia
- Critical insight into the impact of industry trends and issues, and the risks and opportunities they present to participants in the Croatian construction industry
- Profiles of the leading operators in the Croatian construction industry
- Data highlights of the largest construction projects in Croatia
- The Croatian construction industry is undergoing a challenging period as a result of subdued economic activity. The industry went into recession, contracting by -15%, -10%, -10.4%, -4.4% and -6.1% in real terms in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 respectively. According to the Croatian Bureau of Statistics (CBS), the country's annual average construction work index declined by 5.3 points, going from 73.9 in 2013 to 68.6 in 2014. The construction work index for buildings declined by 2.8% over the same period, going from 62.6 to 60.8, while that of civil engineering construction work declined by 10.7%, going from 85.8 to 76.7. Moreover, the total construction work index declined by 1.2% during the first quarter of 2015, compared to that of 2014.
- To improve rail infrastructure, cut travel times, increase access and improve transport services, HZ Infrastructure, the state-owned railway infrastructure operator, is modernizing the country's rail network. Accordingly, the government aims to construct second tracks on the most congested lines by 2016 in a bid to increase capacities and rail speeds.
- The Croatian construction industry is expected to be supported by EU grants to develop the country's infrastructure. In order to co-finance priority projects in Croatia, the European Investment Bank (EIB) is providing a HRK2.3 billion (US$365.1 million) loan, the first tranche of a total loan of HRK23.5 billion (US$730.2 million) to the country over 2014-2020.
- The Croatian government is expanding Zagreb Airport to cope with rising demand for air travel from both domestic and international passengers, handle the growing number of air passengers and provide additional capacity to alleviate congestion. Accordingly, the EIB is providing HRK605.9 million (US$106.2 million) funding under the public-private partnership (PPP) model to construct the first phase of the project. It involves the construction of a 65,000m2 passenger terminal building and other related infrastructure that will increase the airport's passenger-handling capacity to 5.0 million per year. It is expected to be completed by the end of 2016.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the construction industry in Croatia. It provides:
- Historical (2010-2014) and forecast (2015-2019) valuations of the construction industry in Croatia using construction output and value-add methods
- Segmentation by sector (commercial, industrial, infrastructure, energy and utilities, institutional and residential) and by project type
- Breakdown of values within each project type, by type of activity (new construction, repair and maintenance, refurbishment and demolition) and by type of cost (materials, equipment and services)
- Analysis of key construction industry issues, including regulation, cost management, funding and pricing
- Detailed profiles of the leading construction companies in Croatia
- Identify and evaluate market opportunities using Timetric's standardized valuation and forecasting methodologies
- Assess market growth potential at a micro-level with over 600 time-series data forecasts
- Understand the latest industry and market trends
- Formulate and validate business strategies using Timetric's critical and actionable insight
- Assess business risks, including cost, regulatory and competitive pressures
- Evaluate competitive risk and success factors
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Graditeljsko dioni?ko drustvo Viadukt, Hidroelektra Niskogradnja dd, Ingra dd, Elektroprojekt dd, Osijek-Koteks dd
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Construction research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Construction in Australia – Key Trends and Opportunities by State and Territory to 2019
- Construction in Bahrain - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2019
- Construction in Indonesia – Key Trends and Opportunities to 2019
- Construction in Egypt - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2019
- Construction in Spain – Key Trends and Opportunities to 2019