Fast Market Research recommends "2012 in Review: Global Wealth Management" from Datamonitor, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/03/2013 -- 2012 was an interesting year for global wealth management. The global economy continued to rebalance, offering new client opportunities but turbulent markets provided volatile returns. New communication technologies fell short as cost outweighed return. All this occurred as Bank of America Merrill Lynch divested its international wealth management operation to Julius Baer.
Scope of this Report
- Analyse the global trends that characterized the 2012 wealth management industry.
- Learn how competitors reacted to the year's challenges.
- Understand how the balance of global wealth shifted in 2012.
Morgan Stanley was the most active "retrencher" in 2012. It began to show signs of a move back to its core US market, following Bank of America. US banks are struggling to compete with local players, and better established foreign firms in Asia Pacific. Swiss banks enjoy a level of prestige among Asia Pacific HNWs that the US banks do not.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
A large proportion of product innovation was located in the US in 2012. This was led by tablet and mobile innovations. Further afield, despite predictions that tablets and smartphones would revolutionize wealth management, uptake was muted.
A war raged for advisor teams in the US. Wells Fargo poached numerous broker and advisor teams from Morgan Stanley Smith Barney, Raymond James, and UBS Wealth Management Americas. As the Dodd Frank Act increased operating demands of registered investment advisors, US firms have launched support networks to encourage assets onto their books.
Reasons to Get this Report
- What were the industry realities of 2012?
- How did the regulatory environment impact the industry in 2012?
- Who was most active in M&A, product innovation, or staffing?
- How did the balance of the global wealth market change?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Financial Services research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- 2012: Trends to Watch in Global Wealth Management
- Offshore Centres: 2012 Private Banking Handbook
- Wealth Management Competitor Tracker: March 2012
- Poland 2012 Wealth Book: The rising star of Europe
- United States 2012 Wealth Book: The American Dream Revisited
- Emerging Opportunities in the Chinese Wealth Management Industry: Market Size, Strategies, Products and Competitive Landscape
- Turkey 2013 Wealth Book: The Jewel of Asia
- 2012 BRICS Wealth Book
- Emerging Opportunities in the Indian Wealth Management Industry: Market Size, Strategies, Products and Competitive Landscape
- Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in the United States 2012