New Fixed Networks market report from Business Monitor International: "Brazil Telecommunications Report Q3 2014"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/28/2014 -- All four of the leading mobile operators in Brazil have reported a positive response to the launch of 4G LTE services since H113, boosting subscriber growth to 1.310mn by the end of the year. This has come at the right time for the mobile market, which has seen growth slow down considerably, as it reaches a saturation point. Opportunities for revenue growth will come from the value-added services such as M2M and m-commerce as the market matures beyond a prepaid centric environment of subscription acquisition maximisation . In the broadband market, Anatel has been active in trying to enhance competition, reducing licence fees for operators wishing to provide multiple services and the potential entrance of VTR ( Liberty Global ) is reportedly due in Q214. Investments in broadband are beginning to be focused on fibre optic cables but it will be a number of years before this technology really takes hold.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Mobile subscription growth slowed markedly in 2013 to 3.8% y-o-y due to saturation as the penetration rate reached 135.3% at the end of December 2013.
- LTE subscriptions reached 1.310mn at the end of 2013, showing good growth since the technology was launched in H113. Vivo is the market leader with 538,000 LTE connections and 41.1% of the total.
- Strong broadband subscription growth continued, with total wireline subscriptions reaching 20.882mn at the end of September 2013, up from 18.591mn a year earlier.
- M2M connections reach 8.297mn at the end of December 2013, up by 22.6% y-o-y.
Key Trends And Developments
The Chilean cable operator VTR is reported to be planning a launch of operations in Brazil in H114. The company is a subsidiary of international cable company Liberty Global, and will use a USD1.4bn bond issue to finance the launch. BMI highlights GVT as the most likely company to be acquired by VTR, in order to facilitate this launch.
Poste Italiane's successful MVNO business model seems set to be transplanted into...
The Brazil Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Brazil's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Brazil Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Brazil.
- Benchmark BMI's independent telecoms industry forecasts for Brazil to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Brazilian telecoms market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Brazil's telecoms sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Brazil.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts and views, covering the ICT, fixed-line, mobile (including 3G), internet and broadband markets.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the wireline and wireless sectors and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
Business Environment Rankings
BMI's Telecommunications Business Environment Rankings provides a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors (vendors, operators and suppliers) in the regional telecoms market.
The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of more than 40 industry, economic and demographic data points.
BMI Industry Forecast Scenario
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast.
- Fixed-Line Telephony - Telephone lines ('000); telephone lines/100 inhabitants.
- Cellular Telephony - Mobile phone subscribers ('000); mobile phone subscribers/100 inhabitants; mobile phone subscribers/100 fixed line subscribers.
- Internet Markets - Internet users ('000); internet users/100 inhabitants; broadband internet subscribers ('000); broadband internet subscribers/100 inhabitants.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- China Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Croatia Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Nigeria Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- United Arab Emirates Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Tanzania Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- West & Central Africa Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Greece Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- South Korea Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Canada Telecommunications Report Q3 2014