New Consumer Goods market report from Euromonitor International: "Cigars in Australia"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/20/2014 -- Retail volume sales of cigars continued to decline in 2013 as a result of tax excise increases and the plain packaging legislation. Cigar volume sales experienced a 3% decline during the year to account for 64 million units. Current retail value sales declined by 1% in 2013 in line with the declines experienced in volume sales.
The cigars category in Australia was dominated by large, multinational firms over the review period and during 2013. The major players within cigars in Australia included Stuart Alexander & Co, Scandinavian Tobacco Group and British American Tobacco Australia.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The previously mentioned dispute against Australia on its plain packaging laws is expected to last for several years into the forecast period. In 2012, the global tobacco industry spent millions on a campaign to block Australia's plain packaging laws with failed success, placing doubts on the current dispute. The cigars category would benefit if Australia loses the dispute, as it would be required to change its plain packaging laws in accordance with World Trade Organisation rules.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Cigars industry in Australia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Cigars industry in Australia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Cigars in Australia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Cigars in Australia?
- What are the major brands in Australia?
- What are the main distribution channels for cigars in Australia and which are performing well?
- What is the proportion of hand-made versus machine manufactured cigars in Australia?
Reasons to Get this Report:
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Cigarillos, Cigars Excluding Cigarillos.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Cigars in Finland
- Cigars in Portugal
- Cigars in Spain
- Cigars in Switzerland
- Cigars in France
- Cigars in Australia
- Cigars in Belgium
- Cigars in Chile
- Cigars in Colombia
- Cigars in Egypt