Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/09/2014 -- Colour cosmetics recorded moderate value sales growth in 2013. Retail volume sales marginally increased in most categories, indicating that colour cosmetics has already recovered from the crisis; however, growth is still limited by low incomes. Market growth was mainly driven by the younger generations, since young women use make-up more frequently than the older generation, since looking good plays a more important role in people's life nowadays than it did in the past. Unit prices increased marginally following the low annual inflation rate, therefore, value sales increased by a moderate 2% in 2013.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
L'Oreal Magyarorszag Kft led sales of colour cosmetics with a 21% share of value in 2013, thanks to the company's wide product portfolio under L'Oreal Paris, Maybelline and Lancome brands. According to latest research carried out by NRC Kft, L'Oreal is the second best-known beauty company in Hungary. Coty Hungary Kft ranked second with a 15% share as the company markets such popular brands as Margaret Astor, Miss Sporty, Rimmel and Manhattan. Avon Cosmetics Hungary Kft held the third position with a 15% share, due to Avon's wide network of beauty advisors and its affordable good quality products.
Colour cosmetics will continue to benefit from Hungarians' developing grooming habits over the forecast period. Attractive looks are increasingly important for people, especially for the younger generation who tend to use colour cosmetics daily. Manufacturers' innovative activity and rising real incomes are expected to support positive growth and newer cross-border products will probably enter the market. Nevertheless, category growth will remain slow and a value CAGR of 2% at constant 2013 prices is predicted over the forecast period.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Colour Cosmetics industry in Hungary with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Colour Cosmetics industry in Hungary, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Colour Cosmetics in Hungary market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Colour Cosmetics in Hungary?
- What are the major brands in Hungary?
- What are the key innovation trends in make up?
- What is the evolution of mass colour cosmetics versus their premium counterparts?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Eye Make-Up, Facial Make-Up, Lip Products, Nail Products.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Colour Cosmetics in Lithuania
- Colour Cosmetics in Latvia
- Colour Cosmetics in Estonia
- Colour Cosmetics in Turkey
- Colour Cosmetics in Italy
- Colour Cosmetics in Georgia
- Colour Cosmetics in Israel
- Colour Cosmetics in Bolivia
- Colour Cosmetics in Poland
- Colour Cosmetics in Italy - a Snapshot (2013)