New Fixed Networks research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/02/2015 -- The Danish telecommunications market is highly mature and increasingly focused around value-added premium services. Most notably, while the broadband market is growing steadily on the back of demand for converged services, the mobile sector is beginning to show signs of fatigue, with periodic declines in subscriber numbers linked to the retirement of low-value or inactive acc ounts. Curiously, adoption of M2 M services lags behind other equally advanced European markets, although growth now seems to be accelerating. In this environment, there are scant opportunities for new or risk-averse investors, although the potential for niche value-added services is far from played out.
- The wireline market is forecast to continue shrinking, from 2.120mn connections in 2013 to 1.677mn by 2018. This is despite continued interest in VoIP connections and the effects of mobile substitution,
- The wireline broadband market is growing steadily, driven by the increased availability of very high-speed accesses such as fibre, VDSL and DOCSIS 3.0 cable modems. Subscriptions are forecast to grow from 3.409mn in 2013 to 3.848mn in 2018.
- The mobile market has matured. There were 7.702mn subscriptions as of 2013, a figure we forecast to decline to 7.683mn by 2018. Underlying growth come from 3G/4G migration and the movement of customers from prepaid to contract plans.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
In December 2014, TeliaSonera and Telenor Denmark announced that they will be merging their respective mobile and wireline businesses thus creating the largest telecoms network operator and service provider in Denmark, even surpassing incumbent TDC in size. Most notably, the equally-owned venture would serve 3.495mn mobile subscribers and account for around 40% of the Danish market, according to BMI's Mobile Operator Database. Falling revenues have driven both companies' profit margins down to unsustainable levels; therefore, a merger of equals represents the optimal...
The Denmark Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Denmark's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Denmark Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Denmark.
- Benchmark BMI's independent telecoms industry forecasts for Denmark to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Danish telecoms market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Denmark's telecoms sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Denmark.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI?s key industry forecasts and views, covering the ARPU, fi xed-line, mobile (including 3G & 4G ), internet and broadband markets.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the wireline and wireless sectors and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
BMI Industry Forecast Scenario
Historic data series (2010-2013) and forecasts to end-2019 for all key industry indicators, supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast.
- Fixed-line Telephony ? Telephone lines (?000); telephone lines/100 inhabitants.
- Cellular Telephony ? Mobile phone subscribers (?000); mobile phone subscribers/100 inhabitants; and where available, 3G & 4G subscribers (?000); 3G & 4G subscribers/100 inhabitants; 3G & 4G subscribers as a percentage of overall mobile market.
- Internet Markets ? Internet users (?000); internet users/100 inhabitants; broadband internet subscribers (?000); broadband internet subscribers/100 inhabitants.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- West & Central Africa Telecommunications Report Q1 2015
- Hong Kong Telecommunications Report Q1 2015
- Caribbean Telecommunications Report Q1 2015
- Norway Telecommunications Report Q1 2015
- Romania Telecommunications Report Q1 2015