Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Greece Telecommunications Report Q1 2014", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/23/2013 -- The growth of the broadband market, including fixed and mobile broadband services is, along with pay-TV services, the ray of light in an otherwise challenging outlook. Greece's mobile market remains under pressure on numerous fronts, with consumer spending being reined in as a result of the government's latest austerity measures and operator revenues squeezed by cuts to termination rates. Were the market less reliant on prepaid services, this would seep through to the telecoms sector only gradually. However, this is not the case and we have already seen mobile ARPUs contract sharply in H212 and H113.
- The broadband market continued its strong growth in 2012, with fixed subscriptions up by 9.1%, to 2.689mn, but dedicated mobile broadband subscription growth was much stronger, with subscriptions up by 28.1%, to 408,000.
- The mobile market has continued its rebound from large subscription losses in 2010, with year-on-year (y-o-y) growth of 0.5%, to 15.398mn subscriptions at the end of June 2013.
- However ARPU rates dropped sharply y-o-y to June 2013, with cuts to mobile termination rates adding to the downward pressure on ARPU from price competition and economic conditions.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Trends & Developments
Despite a challenging economic environment, operators have continued to invest in infrastructure. In September 2013, OTE confirmed that it is to upgrade both its mobile and fixed networks between 2014 and 2018. The company has budgeted the projects at US$1.62bn, with work to include the financing of a new generation of networks in both segments. OTE will also invest in an expansion of its pay-TV service capabilities.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Turkey Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Chile Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Bulgaria Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Indonesia Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Switzerland Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Bosnia-Herzegovina Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Czech Republic Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Hungary Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Central America Telecommunications Report Q1 2014