New Retailing market report from Euromonitor International: "Grocery Retailers in Croatia"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/25/2014 -- In comparison to the previous four years of the review period, growth of current value sales in 2013 was significant, with 1% positive growth compared to negative growth since 2009. However, this growth does not come out of rebounding disposable household incomes; volume sales were approximately the same or weaker. The growth comes from price hikes for basic food products like bread. The inflation rate in Croatia frantically oscillated between 1% and 5%, depending on the month.
Agrokor dd was already the dominant leader in grocery retailers, with 30% share in current value sales in 2012, due to its Konzum and Tisak brands. By expected adding of Mercator and Getro to its portfolio, the lead would extend to 33% in 2013.
Despite all the activity concerning consolidation, grocery retailers is not expected to record growth in sales over the forecast period; in fact average value sales are predicted to marginally decline in constant 2013 prices. The reason for this is an overall pressure on prices to decrease, either via trading down to private label, or via cheaper imports from EU countries.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Grocery Retailers industry in Croatia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Grocery Retailers industry in Croatia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Grocery Retailers in Croatia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed market shares for international and locally-based retailers
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- How is grocery retailing performing in Croatia?
- Are consumers switching towards more convenient grocery channels?
- Are independent and family run grocery stores coming under pressure in Croatia?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Leisure and Personal Goods Specialist Retailers in Peru
- Grocery Retailers in Turkey
- Retailing in Germany
- Retailing in Poland
- Grocery Retailers in Brazil
- Retailing in Mexico
- Retailing in China
- Retailing in Indonesia
- Retailing in the Czech Republic
- Retailing in Colombia