Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Israel Freight Transport Report Q3 2014", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/24/2014 -- We forecast fairly modest growth in Israel's freight transport sector in 2014, though this will be an improvement for air and rail freight volumes, both of which have suffered declines in recent years. The major port of Ashdod also suffered a fall in volume handling in 2013. Political risk from the civil war in Syria and escalating sectarian tensions in Lebanon could all weigh on the Israeli economy and its freight transport sector (though this also presents transit opportunities). However, with the eurozone set to return to growth following two years of economic contraction, Israel could see a boost in its export volumes. The country is looking towards the future, and is committed to developing its ports, though this brings with it strike risk from workers disgruntled at the planned privatisation of key facilities.
Headline Industry Data
- 2014 air freight growth is forecast at 1.4% following an estimated decline of 2.0% in 2013; we project average growth of 1.8% per annum to 2018.
- 2014 Port of Haifa tonnage throughput growth is forecast at 7.2%, and to average 6.1% per annum to 2018.
- 2014 rail freight tonnage is forecast to grow by 2.4%, and to average 2.5% to 2018.
- Total trade growth in real terms in 2014 is forecast to grow 3.2% and average 3.7% to 2018.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Industry Trends
Zim Records USD530mn Loss In 2013: Israel's Zim Integrated Shipping Services (Zim) registered a net loss of USD530mn in 2013, compared with a loss of USD428mn in the year-ago period. The net loss was driven by the cancellation of a one-off payment of USD161mn for newbuild vessels. In the reported period, the company posted a 7% year-on-year fall in revenues to USD3.7bn, compared with USD4.0bn in 2012.
El Al Strike Over: A strike by El Al pilots was brought to an end on Sunday, May 11, with help from the mediation efforts of the Histradut Labour Federation. The pilots had walked out on May 8, in a surprise strike which disrupted business, leaving passengers stranded in Ben Gurion...
The Israel Freight Transport Report has been researched at source, and features latest-available data covering commercial transport and logistics by road, rail, air and water; industry forecasts, company rankings covering leading national and multinational operators; and analysis of latest industry trends, opportunities, projects and regulatory changes.
Business Monitor International (BMI)'s Israel Freight Transport Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Israeli freight transport and logistics industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent freight transport industry forecasts on Israel to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and planning in the strategic freight transport market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Israeli freight transport sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Israel.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs, and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering freight transport and logistics, regulatory changes, major investments and projects and significant national and multinational company developments.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the freight sector and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
Industry Trends And Developments
Analysis of latest projects across the freight transport sector (road, rail, air, sea and logistics) including market overview which provides an outline of the key elements driving development.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry and macroeconomic indicators, supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
Transport Sector: Sector Value (US$bn); sector real growth (%); employment (`000); total freight carried by road, rail, inland waterways, maritime, air and pipeline (mn tonnes-km/mn tonnes)
Trade: Exports and imports (US$mn) by category of goods (manufactured goods, food, chemicals etc.); top-5 import and export trade partners (US$mn); imports/exports to each global region (US$mn)
Port Data: Throughput (`000 tonnes) and container throughput (TEU) for all major ports in the state
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Transportation research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Romania Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Belgium Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Russia Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Hong Kong Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Czech Republic Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Vietnam Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Hungary Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- China Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Iran Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Poland Freight Transport Report Q3 2014