Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Kazakhstan Oil & Gas Report Q3 2014", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/07/2014 -- Keeping in mind large underground potential, w e maintain our optimistic outlook for Kazakhstan . However, we continue to underline risks related to resource nationalism and geological complications on major prospects that could deter foreign investors. Kazakhstan's choice to block the sale of ConocoPhillips' Kashagan stake in order to allocate it to CNPC illustrates the uncertainty of the business environment that surround s the country.
The main trends and developments we highlight for Kazakhstan's oil and gas sector are:
- Kazakhstan has been strengthening its trading ties with China. The decision to prioritise China National Petroleum Corporation (CNCP) over India's Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) for the acquisition of ConocoPhillips' Kashagan stake supports the view that Kazakhstan is supporting a stronger integration with China. In addition, China's Sinopec bought Lukoil's 50% stake in Kazakh based Caspian Investment Resources, for a value of around USD1.2bn and become the sole owner of the company. This recent purchase further highlighted the push by China to strengthen its position in Kazakhstan in order to secure energy resources to meet rising domestic demand.
- We forecast that the estimated 2013 gas output of 11.2bn cubic metres (bcm) will rise to 15.2bcm by the end of 2017. Infrastructure bottlenecks and delays to key decisions with regard to associated gas have forced us to moderate our assumptions. The country's exports are also declining. Our demand forecasts see consumption reaching 15.6bcm in 2017, creating increasing risk that the country might have to rely on imports, if only on a temporary but regular basis.
- Production at Kashagan started in September 2013, but had to be halted twice during the first months of operation due to a gas leak. An investigation into the production challenges experienced in Kashagan determined that the two 55-mile long offshore pipeline sections will need to be replaced. In...
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The Kazakhstan Oil & Gas Report has been researched at source and features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent forecasts for Kazakhstan including major indicators for oil, gas and LNG, covering all major indicators including reserves, production, consumption, refining capacity, prices, export volumes and values. The report includes full analysis of industry trends and prospects, national and multinational companies and changes in the regulatory environment.
BMI's Kazakhstan Oil & Gas Report provides professionals, consultancies, government departments, regulatory bodies and researchers with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Kazakhstani oil and gas industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent oil and gas industry forecasts for Kazakhstan to test consensus views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Kazakhstani oil and gas market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Kazakhstani oil and gas sector through reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Kazakhstan.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key forecasts and industry analysis, covering oil and gas reserves, supply, demand and refining, plus analysis of landmark company developments and key changes in the regulatory environment.
Regional perspective on size and value of industry sector; comparative rankings by production, refining, imports and exports of oil, gas and LNG.
Business Environment Ratings
BMI's Oil and Gas Business Environment Ratings provide a country-comparative Risk-Reward Ratings index aimed at investors (independents, NOCs, IOCs and oil services companies) in the upstream and downstream markets.
The ratings methodology makes sophisticated use of more than 40 industry, economic and demographic data points and is part of BMI's integrated Country Risk-Industry Ratings products.
Oil Market Outlook and Oil Products Outlook
Based on our country coverage of over 99% of global oil and gas production and consumption, BMI provides demand, supply and price forecasts to end-2018 for oil, gas and oil products
BMI Industry Forecasts
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below), supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Halcon Resources Corporation Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q3, 2013
- Crew Energy Inc. Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q3, 2013
- Athabasca Oil Corporation Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q3, 2013
- Bellatrix Exploration Ltd. Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q3, 2013
- Tethys Petroleum Limited Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q3, 2013
- Chinook Energy Inc. Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q3, 2013
- Spyglass Resources Corp. Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q3, 2013
- Vermilion Energy Inc. Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q3, 2013
- RMP Energy Inc. Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q3, 2013
- Pine Cliff Energy Ltd. Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q3, 2013