New Insurance research report from Timetric is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/02/2014 -- The Argentinean life insurance segment accounted for 17.1%, of the insurance industry's gross written premiums in 2013 at a CAGR of 25.3% during the review period. The growth was primarily supported by the strong performance of group life products such as group whole life and group superannuation. It was further supported by the robust growth of the individual whole life category, which accounted for 13.3% of the life insurance segment. Decreases in unemployment, new tax benefits, increasing life expectancy and an aging population aided the segment's growth. GDP at constant prices grew at a CAGR of 6.0% during the review period, and the presence of such factors is expected to support the life insurance segment over the forecast period. The segment is expected to grow in terms of gross written premium at a forecast-period CAGR of 28.2%.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- The Argentinean life insurance segment accounted for 17.1%, of the insurance industry's gross written premiums in 2013.
- Argentine life insurance penetration stood at 0.51% in 2013, significantly lower than that of other countries in the region such as Brazil (2.07%) and Chile (2.74%).
- Group life insurance was the dominant sub-segment compared to individual life insurance.
- A key challenge for the life segment in Argentina over the forecast period will be changes in the country's published statistics that will define the financial stability of the country.
- High life expectancy was a growth driver for the Argentine life insurance segment during the review period.
- The life segment is moderately concentrated, with the 10 leading insurers accounting for a market share of 80.6% of the total segment's written premiums in 2013
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the life insurance segment in Argentina:
- It provides historical values for the Argentine life insurance segment for the report's 2009-2013 review period and forecast figures for the 2013-2018 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in the Argentine life insurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2018.
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions.
- It analyses the various distribution channels for life insurance products in Argentina.
- Using Porter's industry-standard "Five Forces" analysis, it details the competitive landscape in Argentina for the life insurance business.
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance segment in Argentina and its growth prospects.
- It profiles the top life insurance companies in Argentina and outlines the key regulations affecting them.
Reasons to Get this Report:
- Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast market data related to the Argentine life insurance segment and each category within it
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the Argentine life insurance segment
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the life insurance segment, along with the reinsurance segment
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key product categories - Gain insights into key regulations governing the Argentine insurance industry and its impact on companies and the market's future
Companies Mentioned in this Report: La Estrella SA Compania de Seguros de Retiro, MetLife Seguros de Vida SA, HSBC Seguros de Vida Argentina SA, Mapfre Argentina Seguros de Vida SA, BHN Vida SA, Prudential Seguros SA, SMG Life Seguros de Vida SA, Zurich International Life Ltd, Origenes Seguros de Vida SA, Nacion Seguros de Retiro SA
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Insurance research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Non-Life Insurance in Indonesia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Non-Life Insurance in the UK, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Life Insurance in the UK, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Life Insurance in Indonesia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Non-Life Insurance in Brazil, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Life Insurance in Germany, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Non-Life Insurance in Germany, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Life Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Life Insurance in Brazil, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Non-Life Insurance in Argentina, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018