Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/28/2014 -- Mass Spectrometry Market - by Technology (Tandem LC - MS/ Quadrupole/ ICP - MS/ Gas Chromatography - MS/ TOF - MS/ MALDI -TOF/ Fourier Transform - MS) & by Application (Pharmaceutical/ Biotechnology/ Environment/ Food & Beverages) - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
Over the years, the mass spectrometry market-comprising of instruments, consumables, and services-has witnessed various technological advancements. These advancements have led to a growth in the number of mass spectrometry applications. Some of the applications using mass spectrometry are drug discovery and development, metabolomics, biomarkers, and diagnostics. However, the high cost of instruments and the need for skilled professionals to operate these highly sophisticated systems are factors that are hindering the market.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The MALDI-TOF segment is one of the fastest-growing segments in the mass spectrometry market, since MALDI-based technologies are expected to find increased usage in the clinical diagnostics field in the coming years. Pharmaceuticals accounted for the largest mass spectrometry application market due to the need to improve drug safety and efficacy as well as the need to reduce the costs associated with the drug discovery and development process.
In the years to come, the mass spectrometry market is expected to experience the highest growth in the Asian region with emphasis on China and India. These countries will serve as new revenue pockets for companies involved in the mass spectrometry market. The high growth in these regions can be attributed to the increased involvement of their respective governments, improved funding scenario, and the increasing number of collaborations with established market players. Apart from Asia, countries such as Brazil, Mexico, and Africa are also projected to have significant growth in the mass spectrometry market. The U.S. and Europe are mature mass spectrometry markets. New applications in the diagnostics field and applied markets as well as technological advancements are expected to propel the demand in these regions. RoW includes regions such as Latin America, Africa, the Middle East, and the Pacific countries. These markets are slated to grow at a steady pace. However, with countries in these regions increasing their focus on research and gaining funds, these regions could be considered as potential high-growth regions.
The global mass spectrometry market witnesses high competitive intensity as there are many big and small firms with similar product offerings. These companies adopt various strategies (innovations, acquisitions, and geographic expansions) to increase their market shares and to establish a strong foothold in the global market.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Biotechnology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Biomarkers Market - Global Trends & Forecasts (2013 - 2018)
- Pharmaceutical Membrane Filtration Market - Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Mass Notification Market by Solutions (In Building, Wide Area, Distributed), by Applications (Emergency Communications, Disaster Recovery, Public Alerts and Warning, Business Ops) - Global Advancements Market Forecasts and Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Homeland Security and Emergency Management Market, 2013-2018
- Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) Market, by Applications (Building & Construction, Packaging & Others), & Geography (North America, West Europe, Asia-Pacific & Rest of the World) - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Green Coatings Market - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Polymer Foam Market By Types, Applications & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Cloud Based Business Analytics Market: Cloud BI, Predictive; Text; Web; Speech; Machine; & Video Analytics, Delivery Models, Market Trends, Enterprise Roadmap - Global Forecast and Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Identity and Access Management (IAM) Market [(On Premise, Cloud IAM), By Components (Provisioning, Directories, SSO, Advanced Authentication, Password Management, Audit, Compliance & Governance)] - Global Advancements, Forecast & Analysis (2013-2018)
- Acrylic Acid & Its Derivatives Market - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018