Recently published research from MarketLine, "Michael Kors Holdings: How to design a winning growth strategy", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/26/2013 -- Michael Kors operates in the luxury end of the fashion and retail sector. It engages in the design, marketing, distribution, and retail of branded goods. The company started as an American luxury sportswear house in 1981, and in about 30 years transformed into the global luxury accessories, footwear and apparel brand, with a global presence and stores in most prestigious cities in the world.
Features and benefits
- MarketLine Case Studies describe topics such as innovative products, business models, and significant company acquisitions.
- Fact-based and presented in an accessible style, they explain the rationale of commercial decisions and illustrate wider market and economic trends
The global luxury goods retail market, worth $226.6bn in 2012, continues to create growth opportunities. It is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.8% towards 2014. Growth is primarily driven by leather goods, shoes, accessories and jewelry & watches categories. Asia was the fastest growing luxury market in 2012.
Accessories and footwear generate most of Michael Kors' sales and appeal to a wide variety of demographics; the company's target customers are 25 to 54 years old, with annual income above $50,000. Kors' further growth strategy includes targeting a younger, affluent demographic, often overlooked by luxury brands.
North America is Kors' largest geographical market. It is also pushing to build its presence internationally, mainly in Europe and Asia-Pacific, with revenues in Europe growing at 182.6% and sales in Japan increasing from $1m in 2011 to $10.2m in 2012. The company has an innovative approach to marketing and is an example of omni-channel retail.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Your key questions answered
- What is the size of the global luxury goods retail market and its primary drivers of growth? Which regions are increasing at the fastest rate?
- Who are the main competitors? What is the size of Michael Kors business? What is Kors' growth strategy? What is Kors' rate of revenue growth?
- How to target wealthy consumers of all age groups?
- How to allow the expansion into more affordable territory without diluting the value of higher-end goods?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Retailing in China
- Seven & I Holdings Co. Ltd. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Semiconductor (Silicon) Intellectual Property (Ip) Market (2012 - 2017) Global Forecasts & Analysis
- Global Mixed Signal System-on-Chip (MxSOC) Market by Intellectual Property (IP), Design Architecture, Fabrication Technology, Processor Type, Technology Nodes & Applications 2011 - 2016
- Global Intelligent Building Automation Technologies - Systems Services & Information Technology Market Size & Forecasts (2010 - 2015)
- Apparel in Singapore
- Consumer Appliances in Australia
- Global Top 10 Medical Devices Market (2010 - 2015)
- Exterran Holdings, Inc. (EXH) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- U.S. Electronic Medical Records (EMR) Market, 2010-2015 (Market Share, Winning Strategies and Adoption Trends)