New Consumer Goods market report from Euromonitor International: "Microwaves in Romania"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/10/2014 -- Microwaves' low penetration rate of 48% in 2013 supported growth, despite the overall decline of major appliances. Sales volume grew by 2% in 2013, while the value grew by 7%.
Samsung gained leading position in microwaves in 2012 and it this continued in 2013 with 21% volume share. The second most important player was Electrolux Romania with 15% share. It was followed by Daewoo with 12.7% volume share, and Rohnson with 12% market share. Samsung almost doubled its share since 2011 thanks to its very active marketing activity focused on in-store promotion and the strong brand awareness of Samsung appliances. The intense price promotion of the brand also made it accessible by the mass market.
Sales of microwaves are expected to increase by 2% CAGR in both volume and value over the forecast period. This is due to the low penetration rate of the products in comparison with other CEE countries. The busier lifestyle of Romanian consumers makes the microwave an unnecessary item in households as heating up cooked meals is already a very common practice. The unfreezing function of microwaves offers a good opportunity for households to prepare frozen ingredients for cooking in a much shorter time. The growing sales of frozen food like pizza, lasagne, fish and baguettes will also support the rise in the sales volume of microwaves over the forecast period.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Microwaves industry in Romania with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Microwaves industry in Romania, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Microwaves in Romania market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Microwaves in Romania?
- What are the major brands in Romania?
- How are consumer cooking convenience trends going to affect the microwave industry over the medium term?
- Has there been a shift from freestanding microwaves to built-in microwaves?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Built-in Microwaves, Freestanding Microwaves.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Microwaves in Germany
- Microwaves in Turkey
- Microwaves in the Czech Republic
- Microwaves in Saudi Arabia
- Microwaves in Japan
- Microwaves in Italy
- Microwaves in Canada
- Microwaves in Russia
- Microwaves in Austria
- Microwaves in Ukraine