Recently published research from Markets and Markets, "North and Latin American Crop Protection Chemicals Market by Types (Herbicides, Fungicides, Insecticides, Bio-pesticides and Adjuvants), by Crop Types, by Geography: Trends and Forecast to 2018", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/02/2013 -- The crop protection chemicals market covers various types of products being used in the farms to safeguard the crops, by controlling the population of organisms considered harmful or those that can potentially damage or adversely affect the growth of crops. Crop protection chemicals are mainly divided into herbicides, insecticides and fungicides. Pesticides include both synthetic pesticides and bio-based pesticides, are the largest market segment owing to their wide-spread use in bulk quantities. Adjuvants are essentially pharmacological or immunological agents used to modify or enhance the effect of other vaccines and drugs.
Insecticides are widely used because insects and parasites cause maximum damage to the crops during cultivation. Insecticides are used in large volume and they show their action for a longer period of time as compared to others. But excessive use of any pesticide results in the development of chemical toxicity for humans, animals, and environment owing to soil leaching and water contamination. Overall, it is essential to use crop protection pesticides in appropriate quantity and time to minimize their adverse effects and to bring to maximum benefits. The North and Latin American market for crop protection chemicals, in terms of active ingredient volume was estimated at 1,064.1 KT in 2011 and is expected to reach 1,322.5 KT by 2018.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The crop protection chemicals market has been divided into patented and generic pesticides. Almost over 67% of the market share belongs to patented or proprietary active ingredients, while 33% of this market is generic. The proprietary pesticides market has been built with a strong focus on crop protection chemicals based on stringent regulations, driven by the U.S. and European standards. In such situation, most of the major global players are focusing to slim down their production capacity of low-revenue ($million) off-patent proprietary products.
The basic notion behind taking patents for the agrochemicals is to encourage innovation akin to the pharmaceutical industry as well as to get rid off the problem of piracy and counterfeit products. Moving forward, many molecules are likely to become free from patent and become open for generic players.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Crop Protection Chemicals Market: Global Trends and Forecast To 2018
- European Crop Protection Chemicals Market by Types (Herbicides, Fungicides, Insecticides, Bio-pesticides and Adjuvants), by Crop Types, by Geography: Trends and Forecast to 2018
- Asia-Pacific Crop Protection Chemicals Market by Types (Herbicides, Fungicides, Insecticides, Bio-pesticides and Adjuvants), by Crop Types, by Geography: Trends and Forecast to 2018
- Seed Treatment Market - Global Trends, Forecasts & Technical Insights up to 2018
- North America Seed Treatment Market by Type (chemical & non-chemical), by Application (fungicide, insecticide, bio-control and others) and by Crop (cereals, oilseeds and others): Trends, Forecasts and Technical Insights up to 2018
- Europe Seed Treatment Market By Type (Chemical & Non-Chemical), By Application (Fungicide, Insecticide, Bio-Control And Others) And By Crop (Cereals, Oilseeds And Others): Trends, Forecasts And Technical Insights Up To 2018
- Global Biopesticides Market Trends & Forecasts (2012 - 2017)
- Asia-Pacific - Seed Treatment Market By Type (Chemical & Non-Chemical), Application (Fungicide, Insecticide, Bio-Control & Others) & Crop (Cereals, Oilseeds & Others) - Trends, Forecasts & Technical Insights up to 2018
- Seed Treatment Market Trends and Global Forecasts (2011-2016)
- Acrylic Acid & Its Derivatives Market - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018