Fast Market Research recommends "Poland Food & Drink Report Q3 2013" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/03/2013 -- Weighed down by both internal and external factors, such as elevated unemployment levels and issues facing the wider eurozone, Poland's economy has been slowing down of late, and so has private consumption. While discount store operators may benefit from increased volumes of trade, downward pressure on prices will likely intensify. Nevertheless, we remain optimistic about the longer-term outlook for Polish food and drink consumers.
Headline Industry Data (local currency)
- 2013 per capita food consumption growth = +3.49%; forecast compound annual growth (CAGR) to 2017 = +4.95%.
- 2013 alcoholic drinks sales value growth = +4.08%; forecast CAGR to 2017 = +5.09%.
- 2013 soft drinks sales value growth = +5.35%; forecast CAGR to 2017 = +7.47%.
- 2013 mass grocery retail sales growth = +6.69%; forecast CAGR to 2017 = +7.67%.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Industry Trends
Foreign Companies Expand In Poland: Despite a near-term weakness, Poland is expected to remain a key European food and drink manufacturing base. Illustrating our view, in March 2013, Finnish packaging producer Walki announced plans to open a third production facility in Poland following an increase in demand from Eastern Europe, Beverage Daily reported. The company has stated that the site in south-west Poland will enable it to be closer to its customers, offering shorter lead times and an expanded product base. Production is expected to begin during Q313.
Polish Vodka Consumption on Decline, But Exports to US Positive: Nielsen research published in Q113 suggests that the consumption of vodka in Poland has suffered significantly due the adverse economic conditions, and also due to a general shift towards the consumption of other types of alcoholic beverages, such as wine and flavoured spirits. Nielsen's data stipulate that domestic sales of vodka fell by a year-onyear (y-o-y) margin that was slightly below the decline in volumes. Nevertheless, on a positive note for domestic vodka producers, exports of vodka to the US rose by 15.3% in the first nine months of 2012.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Ireland Food & Drink Report Q3 2013
- Croatia Food & Drink Report Q3 2013
- Kuwait Food & Drink Report Q3 2013
- Brazil Food & Drink Report Q3 2013
- Germany Food & Drink Report Q3 2013
- Vietnam Food & Drink Report Q3 2013
- Japan Food & Drink Report Q3 2013
- Serbia Food & Drink Report Q3 2013
- Italy Food & Drink Report Q3 2013
- France Food & Drink Report Q3 2013
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)