New Energy market report from MarketLine: "SCM Group: Ukraine's leading financial and industrial group"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/27/2013 -- SCM Group is Ukraine's leading financial and industrial group with consolidated revenues of $23.5bn in FY2012. The group operates has interests in a wide range of industries including: banking, media, metals & mining, power generation, power distribution, real estate, sports and telecommunications. The company is currently pursuing a strategy of increased diversification.
Features and benefits
- MarketLine Case Studies describe topics such as innovative products, business models, and significant company acquisitions.
- Fact-based and presented in an accessible style, they explain the rationale of commercial decisions and illustrate wider market and economic trends.
SCM Group (SCM) operates across 15 different industries including: banking, insurance, media, metals & mining, power generation, power distribution, real estate, sports, and telecommunications. Its interests have seen it establish itself as a leading player in many of these industries in the Ukraine.
The company has, however, identified that it has an over-reliance on the metals & mining, and power industries through the subsidiaries DTEK and Metinvest. These two industries account for over 95% of SCM's revenues and the company's management is taking steps to reduce what it sees as an unsustainable reliance on these areas.
In a bid to diversify, the company has in recent years begun to invest in entities operating in other segments, and divest some of its interests in ones that it has deemed surplus to requirements. This strategy has seen it significantly increase its interests in the fields of engineering and telecommunications, as well as outside of Ukraine.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Your key questions answered
- What is SCM?
- What industries is SCM active in?
- How is SCM reducing its reliance on metals, mining and power?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- John Wood Group plc (WG.) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Utilities - Global Group of Eight (G8) Industry Guide
- The Laclede Group, Inc. (LG) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Water Utilities - Global Group of Eight (G8) Industry Guide
- Elster Group SE (ELTTY) - Alternative Energy - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Integrys Energy Group, Inc. (TEG) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Shanghai Electric Group Company Ltd. (601727) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The Weir Group PLC (WEIR) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Mizuho Financial Group - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report
- Dexus Property Group (DXS) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)