New Consumer Goods market report from Euromonitor International: "Smokeless Tobacco in Venezuela"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/01/2014 -- Chimo, the only type of other chewing tobacco available in the country, has a long tradition in Venezuela, being one of the first chewable tobaccos known in the world. It has its origin in the region of Los Andes, being prepared by indigenous groups. Chimo is a tobacco paste made from tobacco leaves which are boiled, adding products such as baking soda and sugar until the mixture develops a consistency similar to that of caramel. This product is kept in the mouth whilst the consumer absorbs the flavour and then spits out the excess saliva which is generated. It began to be adopted as a stimulant by people who want to stay alert for a long time (taxi and truck drivers), and then it expanded towards youth groups, becoming a fad amongst students.
Smokeless tobacco is led by Fabrica de Chimo El Tigrito CA, which held 65% volume share in 2013. The company manufactures El Tigrito, a brand with a long tradition in the country. El Tigrito is available in two different presentations: 18g and 25g, contained in a yellow metal tin which is easily recognised by consumers. Unlike small industry players, Fabrica de Chimo El Tigrito CA does not purely operate at regional levels; otherwise, El Tigrito can be found in all major cities of Venezuela.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Smokeless Tobacco industry in Venezuela with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Smokeless Tobacco industry in Venezuela, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Smokeless Tobacco in Venezuela market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Smokeless Tobacco in Venezuela?
- What are the major brands in Venezuela?
- What are the traditional types of smokeless tobacco available in Venezuela?
- What is the product awareness of smokeless tobacco in Venezuela?
- What innovations are present in smokeless tobacco in Venezuela?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Chewing Tobacco, Snuff.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Smokeless Tobacco in Norway
- Smokeless Tobacco in Canada
- Smokeless Tobacco in Denmark
- Smokeless Tobacco in Tunisia
- Smokeless Tobacco in the US
- Smokeless Tobacco in Germany
- Smokeless Tobacco in South Africa
- Smokeless Tobacco in Pakistan
- Smokeless Tobacco in Sweden
- Tobacco in Denmark