Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/30/2014 -- The sports and energy drinks category in the Philippines continues to expand albeit at a slower pace compared with previous years. It is gradually reaching maturity, causing total volume sales to decelerate. Total value sales reached Ps20.3 billion in 2013, which represents an increase of 7% since 2012. Meanwhile, total volume sales growth decelerated by three percentage points after expanding by 10% in 2012.
Asia Brewery Inc led sports and energy drinks in 2013 with an estimated off-trade value sales contribution of 54%. As the manufacturer of Cobra, the business organisation capitalises on its lower-pricing strategy and wide network of distribution channels. The company continues to retain customers and attract new ones through the launch of more innovative products with functional benefits. Asia Brewery Inc also sponsors sports events, the most popular of which is Ironman, an annual marathon, which attracts both local and international professional athletes.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Sports and energy drinks will experience the most vibrant volume sales performance among all soft drinks categories in the forecast period. Manufacturers are expected to be keen on expanding their customer bases through the use of marketing campaigns and promotional activities and, possibly, the launch of new products that provide different functional benefits. The projected total volume CAGR in 2013-2018 is 5%, while value sales will hit Ps23.5 billion in 2018.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Sports and Energy Drinks industry in Philippines with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Sports and Energy Drinks industry in Philippines, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Sports and Energy Drinks in Philippines market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Sports and Energy Drinks in Philippines?
- What are the major brands in Philippines?
- What are key new sports and energy drinks launches and what impact impact did they have on #category#?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Beverages research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Sports and Energy Drinks in Japan
- Sports and Energy Drinks in South Korea
- Sports and Energy Drinks in Italy
- Sports and Energy Drinks in the Netherlands
- Sports and Energy Drinks in India
- Sports and Energy Drinks in the US
- Sports and Energy Drinks in Slovakia
- Sports and Energy Drinks in Germany
- Sports and Energy Drinks in Malaysia
- Sports and Energy Drinks in Belgium