New Fixed Networks market report from Business Monitor International: "Tanzania Telecommunications Report Q3 2013"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/05/2013 -- Growth in Tanzania's mobile market remains slow for a country with penetration rate of less than 60%. BMI attributes this to limited network coverage in remote and underserved areas, where majority of the population live. Although some operators plan to invest in network deployment in rural areas, we caution that low ARPUs and the high cost of network maintenance due to poor social infrastructure are major disincentives to expansion. Furthermore, there is a strong case to pursue revenue growth by providing advanced data services in urban areas, as opposed to rural roll-out, to offset the impact of declining revenues from traditional voice services.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- The mobile sector grew by just 3.25% in 2012, compared to 22.3% in 2011, owing to inactive SIM disconnections by some operators.
- Mobile ARPU appreciated for the seventh consecutive quarter, after a growth of 9.7% q-o-q in Q412.
- M-commerce users have continued to expand, with M-PESA recording 5mn users and total monthly transaction value of around TZS1.3trn in April 2013.
- The fixed-line sector remains resilient despite fixed to mobile substitution, with growth of 4.9% in 9M12.
Tanzania dropped two places to 16th position this quarter on BMI telecoms Risk/Reward Ratings (RRR) table for Sub-Saharan Africa. Although Tanzania's aggregate score of 40.8 was an improvement from the previous quarter, the country was outperformed by other countries in the region this quarter. Tanzania's weakest rating is in the industry rewards category, reflecting a sharp slowdown in mobile subscriptions growth and downgrade to our five-year forecast. There were no changes to the country's ratings in the remaining three categories of our RRRs.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Sri Lanka Telecommunications Report Q3 2013
- Bangladesh Telecommunications Report Q3 2013
- Pakistan Telecommunications Report Q3 2013
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q3 2013
- Czech Republic Telecommunications Report Q3 2013
- Philippines Telecommunications Report Q3 2013
- Greece Telecommunications Report Q3 2013
- Chile Telecommunications Report Q3 2013
- Switzerland Telecommunications Report Q3 2013
- Colombia Telecommunications Report Q3 2013