Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/19/2014 -- In terms of growth, the global earthmoving equipment market recorded a review-period (2008-2012) compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.67%. The growth was subdued by a 34.1% decline in the market in 2009, due to the financial crisis. Construction activity slowed, and demand for earthmoving equipment declined in 2009, the worst year in the economic crisis. The global earthmoving equipment market is expected to record a forecast-period CAGR of 5.59% due to construction industry growth, infrastructure and residential development in emerging economies, and the easing of the financial crisis in Europe.
- The Asia-Pacific region was the largest regional market, accounting for 50.7% of the global market. It was followed by Europe and North America with respective shares of 23.5% and 14.8%.
- China constituted the largest share of the Asia-Pacific market with a 38.2% share in 2012, followed by Japan, Australia, Indonesia and South Korea with 29.8%, 13.9%, 6.6% and 5.8% respectively.
- Russia accounted for the largest share with 22.3%, followed by Germany, France, Italy, Sweden and Turkey with 13.5%, 11.0%, 9.8%, 7.5% and 6.5% respectively. The 2009 financial crisis and subsequent European debt crisis were detrimental to the European construction industry, and caused the earthmoving equipment market to record a review-period CAGR of -5.74%.
- US was the largest market with a 74.1% share, while Canada accounted for the remainder. Demand for earthmoving equipment declined as a result of the housing crisis and recession, causing the market to record a review-period CAGR of -4.24%.
- Brazil accounted for the largest share with 64.4%, followed by Mexico, Colombia and Argentina with 17.5%, 11.8% and 6.4% respectively. The market registered a review-period CAGR of 4.56% and is expected to grow at a forecast-period CAGR of 5.01%. Brazil is expected to be a key source of demand for earthmoving equipment in Latin America over the forecast period, as the country is hosting the 2016 Olympic Games.
- Saudi Arabia was the largest market in the region, accounting for a 47.3% share, followed by the UAE, Qatar and Bahrain with 43.3%, 7.0% and 2.5% respectively. The market recorded a review-period CAGR of -4.43% and is expected to register a forecast-period CAGR of 4.96%.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the earthmoving equipment market globally:
- Historical (2008-2012) and forecast (2013-2017) valuations of the earthmoving equipment market in Asia-Pacific, Middle East, Europe, North America, Latin America.
- Construction, earthmoving equipment, bulldozers, excavators, dumper trucks, construction tractors, graders and levelers, loaders and scrapers
- Breakdown of values at the country level (44 countries)
- Analysis on key events and factors driving the earthmoving equipment market globally
Companies Mentioned in this Report: AB Volvo, Caterpillar Inc., Hyundai Heavy Industries Co., Ltd, Komatsu Ltd, Hitachi Construction Machinery Co. Ltd
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Construction research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Global Earthmoving Equipment - Market Opportunity and Environment, Analyses and Forecasts to 2016
- Heavy Construction Equipment Market: By Types (Earthmoving, Material Handling, Heavy Construction Vehicles, Others), Application Areas (Infrastructure, Commercial, Residential), and Geography - Global Trends & Forecast To 2018
- Global Construction Aggregates Market - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Global Concrete and Cement Market - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Construction in Romania - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Construction in Austria - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017: The Austrian construction industry's output is expected to record a CAGR of 3.48% between now and 2017
- Construction in New Zealand - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Construction in Colombia - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Construction in Vietnam - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Construction in Singapore - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017: Singapore's construction industry is dominated by infrastructure and residential construction activities