New Healthcare market report from Business Monitor International: "Ukraine Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/08/2014 -- In line with our view, price inflation is contributing to pharmaceutical volume drop-off in Ukraine. Sales have risen in local currency terms, but declined in real terms. We see the remainder of 2014 and 2015 as being particularly challenging within Ukraine owing to upcoming headwinds and distressed market conditions.
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Pharmaceuticals: UAH36.20bn (USD4.44bn) in 2013 to UAH40.80bn (USD3.55bn) in 2014; +12.7% in local currency terms and -20.1% in US dollar terms.
- Healthcare: UAH109.92bn (USD13.48bn) in 2013 to UAH118.47bn (USD10.30bn) in 2014; 7.8% in local currency terms and -23.6% in US dollar terms.
Risk/Reward Ratings: Ukraine's operating environment remains extremely unfavourable at present, especially in the light of the present economic instability and the country's civil unrest in Eastern Ukraine.
Key Trends & Developments
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- At a recent meeting between the acting health minister Vasyl Lazorshynets and the World health Organization, the health minister indicated the possibility of direct procurement of medicines and vaccines from multinational drugmakers.
- The Ukrainian government suspended Health Minister Oleh Musiy and his first Deputy Minister Ruslan Saliutin for failing to tender procurements of required medicines.
- Pharmacy sales in local currency terms continue to rise but volumes decline significantly, reflecting the sudden devaluation of the hryvnia and the reliance on imports within Ukraine.
- The Ukrainian parliament is discussing laws to harmonise pharmaceutical legislation in line with European standards
- The Ukrainian Ministry of Health is proposing an order to the State Service For Drug Control enabling medicines imported from the USA, the EU, Switzerland, Japan, UK, Australia and Canada to be registered under expedited guidelines, based on regulatory evidence from those countries.
- Reference pricing to be introduced for all drugs procured by state agencies in Ukraine.
The Ukraine Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Ukraine Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Ukrainian pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent pharmaceutical and healthcare industry forecasts for Ukraine to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Ukrainian pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Ukrainian pharmaceutical and healthcare sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Ukraine.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View & Industry SWOT
An at-a-glance perspective on latest regulatory developments, key forecast indicators and major corporate developments, covering the prescription, OTC and generics markets. The SWOT outlines strategic factors which affect BMI's forecast analysis, and taken together with BMI's political, economic and business environment SWOTS, it gives a complete overview of market climate.
Snapshot of key market characteristics, including total size of pharmaceuticals and healthcare segments, growth drivers, leading therapeutic areas and the competitive landscape.
Details of the industry regulatory framework and key legislation covering the licensing of new products/services, pricing and reimbursements, intellectual property, taxation and advertising, as well as an analysis of the overall regulatory burden.
Focus on government healthcare reforms, epidemiological trends, company M&As, product launches, market entries, FDI activity, R&D, biotechnology, clinical trials and supply chain issues.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Turkey Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Slovenia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Thailand Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Kenya Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Jordan Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Argentina Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Hong Kong Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Croatia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Singapore Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Netherlands Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015