Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/10/2014 -- This report reviews the performance and asset allocations of Ultra HNWIs in South Africa, and highlights top-performing cities. It also includes an evaluation of the local wealth management industry.
- There were 581 UHNWIs in South Africa in 2013, with an average per capita wealth of US$124.7 million, making them a prime target group for wealth sector professionals. Of this total, there were eight billionaires, 164 centimillionaires and 409 affluent millionaires.
- UHNWIs accounted for 1.2% of the total South African HNWI population in 2013, which was greater than the global average of 0.7%. The number of South African UHNWIs increased by 50.5% during the review period, from 386 in 2009 to 581 in 2013.
- There was a wide range of performance between the different UHNWI wealth bands - while the number of billionaires increased by 100.0%, the number of centimillionaires and affluent millionaires increased by 47.7% and 50.9% respectively.
- The number of UHNWIs is predicted to increase by 16.1%, reaching 700 in 2018. This will include 10 billionaires, 201 centimillionaires and 489 affluent millionaires.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- UHNWI volume, wealth and allocation trends from 2009 to 2013
- UHNWI volume, wealth and allocation forecasts to 2018
- UHNWI asset allocations across 13 asset classes
- Number of UHNWIs in each state and all major cities
- Fastest growing cities and states for UHNWIs (2009-2013)
- Number of wealth managers in each city
- City wise ratings of wealth management saturation and potential
- Details of the development, challenges and opportunities of the Wealth Management and Private Banking sector in South Africa
- Size of South Africa wealth management industry
- Largest domestic private banks by AuM
- Detailed wealth management and family office information
- Insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth
Reasons to Get this Report
- The WealthInsight Intelligence Center Database is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the database comprises dossiers on over 60,000 HNWIs from around the world.
- The Intelligence Center also includes tracking of wealth and liquidity events as they happen and detailed profiles of major private banks, wealth managers and family offices in each market.
- With the Database as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
- Report includes comprehensive forecasts to 2018.
- Also provides detailed information on UHNWIs in each major city.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Investec Bank Limited, Nedbank Limited, Rand Merchant Bank, Standard Bank Private Clients, FirstRand Bank, Nedbank, FNB, Sasfin Bank Limited, African Bank Investments Limited, Imperial Bank South Africa
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Financial Services research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- South Africa 2014 Wealth Book
- High Net Worth trends in South Africa 2014
- Insight Report: Mobile Entrepreneurs
- HNWI Asset Allocation in South Africa 2014
- Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in South Africa 2014
- Ultra HNWIs in Chile 2014
- Ultra HNWIs in Japan 2014
- Ultra HNWIs in Switzerland to 2014
- Ultra HNWIs in Nigeria to 2014
- Ultra HNWIs in France 2014