Fast Market Research recommends "Zimbabwe Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/06/2014 -- Zimbabwe's poor economic outlook, in addition to the government announcing budget cuts to healthcare, means that we do not expect any meaningful interest from pharmaceutical companies in the medium-to-long term. The already dire situation, in which the health service is heavily reliant on donations, lacks skilled workers and essential medicines, and the fact that the vast majority of the healthcare budget is not even disbursed, leads us to hold a very bleak outlook for the healthcare market in the country.
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Pharmaceuticals: USD233mn in 2013 to USD251mn in 2014; +7.5% in US dollar terms. Forecast remains in line with last quarter's projections.
In BMI's RRR table for Q4 2014, Zimbabwe scores 29.1 out of 100, unchanged from the previous quarter. The country ranks 29th out of the 31 markets assessed in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) region.
Key Trends And Developments
The Zimbabwean health ministry has launched the rotavirus vaccine in the country, which is administered in children aged under five years. The injection improves children's health and is part of the fourth millennium development goal programme, which is focused on reducing infant morbidity and mortality, according to principal director of Curative Services at the Ministry of Health Christopher Tapfumaneyi, reports thezimbabwean.co.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The number of cases of influenza increased sharply in Zimbabwe in 2013, according to the Ministry of Health and Child Care's Week 29 report. The number of people contracting the flu bug so far in 2014 has reached 270,000, compared with 181,549 cases recorded during the same period in 2013. According to a latest National Health report, 17,856 flu cases were reported in the week ended August 2, compared with 10,447 incidences during the same week in 2013. The rise in flu cases comes as the health providers are only treating symptoms of influenza rather than the bug, according to the director of...
The Zimbabwe Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Zimbabwe Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Zimbabwean pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent pharmaceutical and healthcare industry forecasts for Zimbabwe to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Zimbabwean pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Zimbabwean pharmaceutical and healthcare sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Zimbabwe.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View & Industry SWOT
An at-a-glance perspective on latest regulatory developments, key forecast indicators and major corporate developments, covering the prescription, OTC and generics markets. The SWOT outlines strategic factors which affect BMI's forecast analysis, and taken together with BMI's political, economic and business environment SWOTS, it gives a complete overview of market climate.
Snapshot of key market characteristics, including total size of pharmaceuticals and healthcare segments, growth drivers, leading therapeutic areas and the competitive landscape.
Details of the industry regulatory framework and key legislation covering the licensing of new products/services, pricing and reimbursements, intellectual property, taxation and advertising, as well as an analysis of the overall regulatory burden.
Focus on government healthcare reforms, epidemiological trends, company M&As, product launches, market entries, FDI activity, R&D, biotechnology, clinical trials and supply chain issues.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- South Korea Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Sweden Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Kenya Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Bulgaria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Argentina Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Peru Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- China Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Estonia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Canada Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Bangladesh Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014