Quindio, Colombia -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/26/2013 -- Geeks on Steroids has published a report where they claim reputation management is becoming an important word in marketing. They go on to say that the internet has given everyone every-where a voice. Janeth from Geeks on Steroids goes on to claim that through words, video, audio, and all its other forms, your reputation tells the story of your products and or services that your marketing never could.
Janeth brings up an interesting point in the fact that the Internet makes spreading lies and exaggerations easy. Janeth said, “The bullies have gained the upper hand, and the rest of us are at a disadvantaged”.
The problem is there are a lot of companies preaching reputation, but few that practice it. Janeth said, “It’s sad but most business owners spend their energy thinking about marketing and advertising and very little thinking about their reputation.
Janeth said that your online reputation is about more than how you treat a customer or for that matter how good your prices, services, and products are. Janeth said that 78 percent of people currently go to the web to research a product or company, before making a purchase. This makes your reputation a critical part of a successful business.
Even if that business isn’t selling online.
Geeks on Steroids said that a reputation management system is made up of:
1. Negative information. Because a reputation is hard to build and can be destroyed in a blink of an eye it’s important to start by addressing all the bad comments. Now this will make them stronger so you don’t want to go back and forth or get into any kind of debate. And it has to be done in a pleasant and professional tone.
2. Social media marketing (SMM). People are spending more and more time on Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Twitter and many other social sites, so as a business owner it makes sense you should be spending more time on these sites as well. By engaging, keeping sites up to date, and having an open, current and engaging profile you can not only meet new clients, make more sales, and improve both your customer service and product but you also build a layer of protection around your business and products.
3. Content marketing. The single most important thing you can do is market your business through the social media sites with awesome content.
4. Profile and content marketing. You need to inventory all the (good and bad) content that is currently online about your business, service, employees or products. Once you put your list together make sure that you link (from time to time) to the good content that is currently on the web about your business, products, or employees. This will help that content rank higher in the search engines.
5. Plan it out. Layout your content, what social media sites you will use and what type of content you will be using for each social media site. As well as how, where, when and to whom each site will be linking.
Reputation Management Company
Affordable SEO Company
Law Firms Nashville
Pew Study Finds 58% of Americans Research Online First Before Buying
Optimize for Long Tail Keyword Phrases
Establish New Phrases That No One Is Using Yet
Put Together a Press Release SEO Strategy
Put Together a Video Content Plan Strategy
Develop a Content Publishing Schedule
Janeth sees herself as an SEO who asks questions based on observation and as someone who provides a counterbalance to what she perceives as the "unquestioned" acceptance and support given to orthodox SEO views by the main stream SEO’s, media, and by society at large.
For interviews; Harold Knight, Spokesman, Harold@seowatchdog.org, phone: +1 770-892-9363